FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a cabin cruiser and there is a missing window/ skylight over the door that is removable. well somone has removed it and its gone. what would I search for to find a replacment, my cabin is getting wet from the big hole over the door. Thanks
I wish i had one. my boat stays at the marinia and of course im not there when I decide to post this. I have seen several models with this removable skylight. i guess ill keep googling
It sounds like the entryway hatch. I think your best bet is to make one. A light wood framethat overhangs all the way around, anc then some foam and fiberglass to finish it off. If you try to buy one at a salavage yard it will probably be unique to the model of boat you have.
--Jim
My Carver has one I bet is similar to what yours is. It's a black smoke plexiglass. It has two pins that slip into hinges mounted at the back of the hatchway and a lip that extends down over the door with a lock. You'll never find one. I've been nursing mine along for a couple of years. It can be fabbed up at a plastic supply shop easily, just make a cardboard cut out and have it cut out of 1/4" plexi. The trick will be finding the slip hinges. Good Luck!