What if Kerry wins??

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Just for a moment imagine that we are after the election and the new President is Kerry.<br />How would that effect your life?Would you break out the guns and head for the hills?.Or would you march on Washington and set matters straight?Would you go out and party? Or would you just plain ignore it?<br />The question is not what Kerry would do but what you would do.<br />I would probably go fishing and hope for free health care.<br />Call it a troll if you wish,but let your mind wander over this.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What if Kerry wins??

To be honest, I would not change much at all that I do right now.<br /><br />I would not like it, but what you gona do?<br />You go out and vote and the one with the most votes win and you live with it or move to another country.<br /><br />You work within your community to try to make it better.<br /><br />I would be with him just like with any other president that has been elected, I would have to stand behind him cause he would be the commander in chief.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

First, I would call all those near and dear to me, and say goodbye.<br />I would then pack my tools and clothes into the truck, and hitch-up the 12Footer.<br />My wife and I (if she wanted to be with me), would head to the bank, withdrawl all our savings. Next stop, the pension office. Then, gas station, and hit the road for Mexico,never looking back. I may not settle in Mexico, but it would be my first attempt at re-establishing my life.<br />I would consider the war on terrorism over,with an American defeat. I truely have been practicing spanish. After all, it comes-in handy at werk, and I may need to forget english if the traitor becomes figurehead.

Link

Rear Admiral

Man your cruel rolmops! ;) Thats like asking someone to have a Nightmare on purpose! :) How ever to answer your question. I'd just have to live with it and I would never refer to the Kerry administration. It would be President Kerry and his administration. Sometimes you salute the office, sometimes you salute the man holding it.<br /><br />And no I don't consider this a troll. Its actually a good question I hadn't thought of.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I would start digging a bomb shelter because there will be a nuclear war in 2015. It's true, I got this information from a time traveler on an internet chat site. Just do a web search for John Titor, you'll see it's true... :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

12Footer.. I'm gonna hold you to that plan... Just one thing.... Be sure to take Jeb, Dubya, and Sr. with ya....<br /><br />What am I gonna do... Get up and go to work the next morning..... Ain't no thing...

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Bassically wouldn't change my life style unless something drasticly happened to the economy!!!<br /><br />When it comes down to politics it doesn't really matter,republican or democrat!!! <br /><br />It will be the same ole crap just a different face in power!!!<br /><br />Hopefully I will still have the right to fish & hunt!!! ;) :cool:

11 footer

Lieutenant

If that moron gets ellected, I'd like to join 12footer and leave, but I won't. Nothing with change much, it will be like with Clinton, POS that he was.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, I survived Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter and Clinton. I guess I'd survive Kerry, too.<br /><br />In spite of all his rhetoric, I don't think he would really do anything very different with foreign affairs or the war.<br /><br />It's at home that he would screw things up. Monstrous tax increases (particularly on the so-called rich), socialized medicine, other penalties to conservatives.<br /><br />On the plus side, I think he would protect the right of women to choose, support the right of same gender couples to have "next of kin" legal status, and really annoy the Pope about religious freedom (of, and from).

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I agree, it is all a bunch of Republican hype about the world falling apart if Kerry gets elected. Same thing as Al Gore calling GWB a bunch of stuff today. ALL JUST POLITICAL BS HYPE!!!<br /><br />My taxes would go up, but that is about all the president can really do. Muslim extremists still would want to kill us, Kerry just may take the hands off approach (which probably wont work, but who knows??)<br /><br />The media puts too much weight on the president, when congress is the one who makes the laws.<br /><br /><br />Ken

PW2

Commander

I have to admit I am not a huge Kerry fan, but I think he would do ok.<br /><br />It depends on who he gets in key positions.<br /><br />I think our foreign policy will take on a major change in our relations with the rest of the world, for the better. Not sure it will be in time to help in Iraq, and the middle east may well be in crisis mode that will be difficult for anyone to get a handle on.<br /><br />As far as the economy goes, it really depends on who he gets as an advisor. If he sides with the labor unions too much, it could be big trouble. If he does what he says he will do, and reverse the tax cut on the rich, and leave the cut on the middle class and others, perhaps even extending the tax cut on the middle class, the economy will boom and the deficit will shrink. Ironically, just like in the Clinton years, the rich will benefit from this policy far more than any tax cut will ever get them, and they will do better than ever. Which is just fine by me.<br /><br />We will make a dent in the rolls of the un-insured, hopefully, and reverse recent losses in environmental quality.<br /><br />And finally start to seriously look at and fund alternative energy technology .<br /><br />All in all, it could go ok, or it could go really good, depending on who he listens to. It could not possibly be as bad the current administration, however.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

There is a line of thought that the ultimate power a president has is to appoint judges. If Kerry was to win, the judiciary would be polluted for a genereation. His socializing of a free society and increased tax burden will ensure no Hillary. Small consolation.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Lewis Black, the comedian, said it best (I'll try to paraphrase): In this country you have Republicans and Democrats. Republicans all have the same ideas: bad ideas. The Democrats all have no ideas. You hear a Republican Senator stand up and say, "Hey, listen to this! I have a really bad idea!", then some Democrat stands up and says, "Oh, yeah? Well I'll take that bad idea and turn it into some REAL crap!"<br />It's all the same... turn one inside out and you've got the other. If Kerry gets the vote (which may or may not get him the election), the sun will still rise every morning and set each evening. Life will go on, probably no better nor worse.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Link:<br /> Man you're cruel rolmops! ;) Thats like asking someone to have a Nightmare on purpose!
Good one Link, LMAO, how true, how true!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Well, I survived Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter and Clinton. I guess I'd survive Kerry, too.<br /><br />In spite of all his rhetoric, I don't think he would really do anything very different with foreign affairs or the war.<br /><br />It's at home that he would screw things up. Monstrous tax increases (particularly on the so-called rich), socialized medicine, other penalties to conservatives.<br /><br />On the plus side, I think he would protect the right of women to choose, support the right of same gender couples to have "next of kin" legal status, and really annoy the Pope about religious freedom (of, and from).
I never knew that oil and water mixed! :rolleyes:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> I have to admit I am not a huge Kerry fan, but I think he would do ok.<br /><br />It depends on who he gets in key positions.
Sure PW, we need another round of Madeline Albrights, Jocelyn Elders, Robert Rieschs, Donna Shalalas, Andrew Cuomos, Ron Browns and Janet Renos. You Betcha! :eek:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I was trying to be funny, while expressing my distain for the looser. I would start planning on relocating to Mexico...Just won't be leaving that quickly.<br />If he got in there, my faith in my fellow American would be toast. I would feel like a foriegner in my own town.<br /><br />And Lewis Black is the funniest commedian I have ever seen. He can take the entire Clinton saga, and make me laugh about it all. That's commic genius!

PW2

Commander

Yep, Boomyal, that relative peace and amazing prosperity----Federal budget surpluses, and all the rest we had under Clinton--how could you stand it???<br /><br />Oh, and I saw the Lewis Black special on HBO as well (I am assuming that is where you saw it)<br />It is indeed must see TV!

one more cast

Captain

I have been a Lewis Black fan for quite awhile now. I think I will vote for him.but i believe he is Canadian. I think I will also save these replys so I can bring them back up in a year or so if Kerry wins and see what really happens. :)

crab bait

Captain

i'd go buy a new car.. put mega money back in mutal funds.. along with pumpin' up the ole'savings account..<br /><br /> i can 'hunker down' for 4 years .. can't do it for 8..