What have you dropped?

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: What have you dropped?

Donated two pair of prescription glasses, (1 sun, 1 regular) both lost forever. And myself…off the swim platform,….twice, luckily recovered both times. And no there was not alcohol involved, either time. Have since installed additional anti-skid material to the swim platform.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Screw holding throttle cable to engine (now that was fun), good flashlight, and sunglasses

LadyFish

Admiral

Mr. LF dosen't actually drop stuff from the boat, but since we live on the water these should count.<br /><br />So far we have a Milwaukee Screw Gun, a lid to a 68 gallon crawdad pot, a hammer, several screwdrivers, not to mention what the kiddos have dropped and thrown in and the other stuff Mr LF hasn't told me about yet. :D

oddjob

Commander

Lots of good knives!..<br /><br />I had a stag handle knife made for me from a leaf spring when I was in high school by a friends father.. I was into leather work back then so I fashioned a beautiful hand tooled sheath for it. Blued and sharpened it to perfection. When I joined the Navy I was informed at the affees station that I would not not be able to take it to boot camp so I gave it to a buddie to keep for when I got back to him. <br /><br />Well, about 16-17 years later we got in touch and he mentioned that he still had it and then sent it to me. It was kept under his matress and was still sharp and spotless. <br /><br />Not long after I was loading the boat at the dock and the knife was not snapped into place. It went ploop! into the 40 ft deep canal. Broke my heart. :( <br /><br />Now I use a wammi cord. I think about that knife everytime I skin game.

revertmastec

Petty Officer 1st Class

A brand new maxcold 5 day cooler with the stickers still on it. only missing the drain cap. It included a 12 pak coors, 1 un-opened bottle of yegermeister and some subway sandwhiches. Man I miss that cooler :D :D ;)

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

LOL at revertmastec......<br /><br />Hey...I'm takin' real good care of it for ya bud!<br /><br />I still have most of the yegermeister left if you want it back....as for the cooler, it now keeps my miller lite cold....who drinks that girly beer (coors light) anyways :D <br /><br />ps...you should have read closer....you left the cap in the cooler so you wouldn't lose it :D

Link

Rear Admiral

My fishing hat (make every river longer) at least 2 dozen times.. but still have it :) <br />X number of lures.. several long nosed pliers.. (I hate sharks) a 90 dollar remote for the van while water skiing on the 4th of July in 1996...<br />2001 a trout (I think) stole my pole out of the rod holder! More down rigger balls than I care to remember.. but the best that ever went into the drink...my fishing partners cell phone... twice! :D :D in one month! I dislike cell phones more than sharks..

Realgun

Commander

A fishing pole and numerous hats. All hats were recoved at 35 mph+ BTW :) Man I love a boat that you can lean over the front hook your legs onto the rail and touch the water :) Never missed a hat, the pole was knocked off a dock.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Realgun that doesn't sound too safe.<br />All right you guys what's the over/under on the number of outings before Realgun runs over himself? :D

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Many years ago I learn't a valuable lesson, and luckilly it didn't cost to much.<br /><br />Forgot to tell my boss (wife) that I was going to open 'er (boat) up. Luckilly she floated and I got her back.<br /><br />Now alway tell people before I take off fast.<br /><br />GR

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

LF<br /><br />We were just talking about it and worked out that it ocurred in 1985. Thank god she's still around.<br />Memories fade but I recal that she wan't happy at the time.

Realgun

Commander

Naw that was when I was 13 years old that was over 25 years ago! Seriously my dad would turn the boat around at WOT and then tilt the front down you barly reached over the front of the boat to touch the water. Did I tell you the boat had a 135 on it and it was rated for a 90?<br />The boat was a 17 ft Mark Twain Trihull widest front deck and was a blast to drive. Dad went though engines like dessert. <br /><br />First the 65 no way! 1 time only then the 85 nope not enough ummphh! Then the 115. Not as fast as the guy with the 302 and the V hull racing boat. So we ended with a 135. All Mercury all big and heavy very very fast not to scary as the boat was built like and tank and weighed almost as much.<br />Just for kicks my brother tried the 007 thing once, he didn't make it. :) Can't slide over sand. :D Good thing he made it only 8 ft up the beach. Yes hes younger than me.<br /><br />I actually liked the PT 109 thing where there was a tree in 6 feet of water and you go as fast and as close to the tree and away fron the beach,about ten foot clearance, as you can to lauch the inner tube. Only 1 time did I get close to the beach. :) That was a heck of a bump! But in wet sand the boat slides. :D <br /><br />I wish I was young and stupid again.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Last summer the tow tube flipped on take off because the tow cable somehow got under the kids in the tube, flipping the kids out, then the tube flipped on top of them. Everyone had PFD's on and I made a quick U turn, kill motor and coast back. Its my boy, 14 and baby girl Amber, 5 in the water. Amber is getting scared and I just jumped in to help and calm her. Had my cell phone in my pocket. The kids were fine, the cell phone did not survive.

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

Let's see...<br /><br />$100 plus dollar pair of sunglasses (given to me as a gift)<br /><br />Swiss army knife (Actually purchased in Switzerland given to me as a gift) buddy dropped it down the ice hole<br /><br />Few hats, towels and t shirts..<br /><br />Inner jacket of a Columbia coat. Still have the shell.<br /><br />Motorola 2 way radio. It wasn't me actually but my boat and I had to replace. <br /><br />Another two way radio.

tylerin

Commander

Dropped a Turd overboard once....but I really didn't want it ;)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Wedding ring, digital camera and . . . 3 year old son. He was fine, long story that I'll eventually get around to tellin'. Let's just say we don't leave the rope tied to the tube when cruising now. Like Get Reel learned a valuable lesson very cheaply.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

I handed my friend the keys to the truck, from boat to dock and kurplunk right in the lake. Came back with a 300lbs. magnet and 50 foot of twine and fished them out. I hate loosing keys or wallets.