What have you dropped?

brother chris

Commander
Now that I read the thread, What have you brought up whilst fishing. <br />What have you dropped (in the water or overboard) while fishing or boating? <br />I had a nice little handgun(yes they are illegal in Canada). It was in my shirt pocket. I went to bend over to grab something out of my tackle box and my nice little gun fell on the dock, bounced a bit(just to tease me) and then fell in the water. <br />What a bummer!<br />I just got it the same day, never even used it. I take it that is a sign that I should never have had it to begin with.

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What have you dropped?

A pair of subscription glasses in Lake Mile Lacs, a wedding ring(wife replacing the orig. one which was lost and too small so before got enlarged had on little finger, went fishing, you guessed it)<br />assorted items in Lake Mile Lacs while ice fishing(pot lids, pocket knife, etc) and a myriad of anchors.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Probably a half dozen pairs of sunglasses (who has'nt?).. <br /><br />My bait knife..<br /><br />One pair of pliers..<br /><br />My good luck fishing cap blew off my head.. Capt spotted it and turned back, but I missed with the gaff (only thing I ever missed with a gaff shot, BTW)... Went around a second time but Capt. could'nt spot it (it was very ruff)... Mean ol' King Neptune claimed it, and my fishing luck's been on a downward spiral ever since.. :(

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Perscription gasses, 2 meter ham handie talkie, sundry tools, trollin motor, contents of tackle box.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

A rod and reel, got it back by snagging the line with a lure.<br />Packer hat, went back for it.<br />Dad, got him out too.<br />Sandwich, gone. <br />Full soda cans, they sink, gone.<br />Full beer cans, they FLOAT, got em back.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Was fishing with a buddy of mine. He went to cut his line with the Secert Service Knife his brother gave him (he's an agent). Ka-Plunk.<br /><br /><br />We both sat there for a few minutes trying to figure out if it was worth diving in after it.<br /><br />That was a few years ago...I bet it's rusted now. :)

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

I didn't really drop it:<br /><br />One yellow canoe with a pair of binoculars aboard (POS anyway.) Every time I go to Lake Powell, I kinda keep my eye open for that old banged up yellow canoe. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dunaruna

Admiral

Fishing rods (some floated, some didn't :( ), pliers, screwdrivers, welding mask (it floated!), all the screws that hold the carbys cover on a 75hp chrysler, anchor (not tied on), a prop, 1/2" entension bar & socket, cordless jigsaw, sunglasses, prescription glasses..........

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Whole six-pack of beer, sunglasses (antique gold frames), an anchor, and my wallet. The wallet squirted out of my back pocket while I was leaning back against the gunwale. The only thing in the wallet that was irreplaceable (besides the cash) was my draft card with Janis Joplin's autograph on it. Hate I lost that.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Expensive Ronson lighter.<br /><br />Ultralight rod and reel.<br /><br />I think that's it. . .That's all I remember anyway.

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

You guys are making me want to take up SCUBA diving.<br /><br />I've lost a handful of lures when I was a kid. About 10 years ago, my dad had a nice swim ladder take a deep "swim" off of his pontoon boat. To this day, he still remembers exactly how much it cost to replace.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I lost a stainless steel Rolex while waterskiing once. It happened right at the edge of the water as I was coming into the shore. Had to stop fast because of some kids running in front of me.... laid back and dragged my arms and off went the watch. Several of us looked for it for a couple of hours...never found it. It was in the lake at the Orlando Naval Training Center, the mainside one across from the club if anyone happens to be fishing there, whatever it is now, and finds it send it to me. Thanks :) This was back in '69. It's either on someone's arm now or buried in 6 feet of sand. OR.. maybe in the belly of some huge bass. There would be a good fish story.

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> The only thing in the wallet that was irreplaceable (besides the cash) was my draft card with Janis Joplin's autograph on it. Hate I lost that.
You kept that in your wallet? :confused:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Hats, Life Vests (both recovered) Pack of smokes, and a Swiss Army Knive. So far i have been lucky.

dolluper

Captain

The key to the boat and no floater on it [have one now] carb nuts,sparkplugs, the plug for the boat fell off when lauching never put it in sitting on the back by transom,blamed that on the wife she distracked me :D :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

While working offshore I dropped my tape player in the Gulf of Thailand. It was my only escape. :( <br /><br />Ken

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

As some have read in stupid human tricks...a few cell phones! :rolleyes: <br /><br />
Originally posted by bh357:<br /> You guys are making me want to take up SCUBA diving.<br />
Yup...found a nice watch (ended up being my dive buddies),a few anchors (no, the boats weren't still attached!!!!) No...haven't found any cellphones yet...maybe this year!<br /><br />-JustMrWill

90skichallenger

Petty Officer 1st Class

Presription glasses (driving home was fun)<br />Car Keys<br />various hats<br />3 watches (ripped off while skiing)<br />Thats about it.