What fuse do I need??

bman72

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My boat is not here at my house so I need help. I am getting ready to go and work on it but I want to stop by and buy a fuse for it before I head out there. The fuse I want to buy is the inline fuse that is in the red wire that goes to the solenoid. Can anyone tell me what I would need to tell the guys at the electronics store on what fuse I need. I know that it is a tiny one about 1/2" long but I don't know what to tell them.<br /><br />Thanks for the help.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: What fuse do I need??

I can tell you it should be a 20 AMP, but don't have any numbers for it... Sorry...

DHPMARINE

Captain

510884 is the OMC/BRP number.Maybe they can cross it over.<br /><br />DHP

MCM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Try Buss fuse AGA 20

baileys

Petty Officer 2nd Class

if i was you i would try and get to the boat and get the fuse and the the engine code or serial number and keep it safe so when your not near the boat youve got it to hand and whilst your at the boat shop buy more than one fuse in the uk it cost me about1.60 which is <br /> about$3.80

bman72

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the info guys - I went out to the boat and tested the fuse and it was OK. <br /><br />Johnny,<br /><br />I have all of that info on hand but most boat repair shops don't want to take the time to look up in their books just so they can tell you a part number and you can go somewhere else and buy the part. Not that I blame them either.

llfish

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You may want to keep a couple on board in case of an emergency.