What do you do with your giblets????

NathanY

Commander
Re: What do you do with your giblets????

I dont have giblets anymore, but I can tell you what my wife did with them. :D

Homerr

Commander

EEEEWWWW!!<br /><br />I don't do internal organs of any kind!<br />(at least the one's I know of...)<br /><br />The cat gets them if he's around.<br /><br /><br />H.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

I boil the neck, heart and gizzard in water with sage, pepper, salt and butter to make a broth for gravy that features oysters in it. My kids love it. Thin it down with some extra milk and it makes a great chowder.<br /><br />The liver is just to ripe for me....<br /><br />If any of you are going to be smoking your bird this year try this.<br /><br />Drain a couple of cans of black olives and some green olives. Add olive oil to make them moist.<br />Dump a package of dry Italian style salad dressing on the olives in a bag and shake to coat.<br /><br />Now put these olives in a shallow tray and put them in your smoker for an hour or so. <br />Man, they are great!!

eeboater

Commander

What do you do with your giblets????
24.gif
<br /><br />No Comment.<br /><br />Sean

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Good ole fashion gravey!!!EMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! :D <br />Can't have gravey without gibblets!!! ;) :cool:

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

Okay, my favorite thing. Being the butcher and carver, I love the giblets. While I'm washing the bird in the sink, I pop down those wonders and chew on 'em a bit. Good stuff.