what a ride !!

Frank Martin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
any one else out there have one of these on the geat lakes ??

Attachments

• 42cfc1db1bad484b.jpg
    42cfc1db1bad484b.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 1

worldcat lemon

Recruit
Re: what a ride !!

I am the happiest EX-World Cat boat owner on the planet. I had an HTS with twin diesels and never had a boat with more problems. Andrew Brown at W.C is the chiefest of liars and I hope you don't have any problems with your boat. I also hope you don't have one of these with diesels. My boat design was so bad my insurance totalled it because the cost to fix the problems caused by W.C's design exceeds the value of the boat.

Good luck. They do ride pretty good though when they run.

Last edited:

Frank Martin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am the happiest EX-World Cat boat owner on the planet. I had an HTS with twin diesels and never had a boat with more problems. Andrew Brown at W.C is the chiefest of liars and I hope you don't have any problems with your boat. I also hope you don't have one of these with diesels. My boat design was so bad my insurance totalled it because the cost to fix the problems caused by W.C's design exceeds the value of the boat.

Good luck. They do ride pretty good though when they run.

World cat could use some ehelp with some quality control issues

Frank Martin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hind sight is 20/20
i wish i had done more homework on these boats
although i have not had the engine problems world cat lemon has had
the gel coat is horrible won’t hold a shine fiberglass guy tells me it had too much hardener in it when it was molded and this also explains the excessive cracking around the windshield and corners of the engine splash wells ect
world cat calls all of this cosmetic
do your homework if considering buying a new world cat glacier bay Livingston or Carolina cat ( all now made in the same factory) they are not the quality they claim to be
The great ride will save your back and your knees
but the poor quality control will break your heart when you consider what You will pay for one
And then find out AFTER THE SALE from power cat group they don’t stand behind their product
You will find out all the nice people at power cat group are not so nice any more all you will get from them after you discover you have a problem is excuses if you get a call back at all

worldcatcracks2.jpg

worldcat lemon

Recruit

My World Cat was a 2004 with under 200 hours and it had spider cracks in the gelcoat all over it. It had cracks in the tunnel, around the fishboxes, under the windshield......everywhere! World Cat warranty.....sucks

Frank Martin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

now that world cat has bought out glacier bay boats and carolina cats and livingston catamarans
moved all production to Tarburrough north Carolina The new boats built there have been ariving at the dealer show rooms with these defects and others
Makes you wonder just where is this industry headed ?
POWER CAT GROUP
needs to bring back
Forest Munden
and
Larry Graff
to show them how to properly build these boats

Frank Martin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

the realy sad part is this
things change
but not always for the best
here sits a 1999 world cat built before the production was moved to north carolina
there is not a crack in this gel coat any where this boat is on its 3rd set of motors
apparently power cat group newer owners of world cat glacier bay livinston and carolina cat could take a lesson from
forrest munden the old owner of world cat that built this 1999
i love the desighn but would not buy one of these boats built by power cat group or any other name they want to use in north carolina
their quality control is non existant
and when they make a mistake they have all the excuses ready to deliver to the the customer in place of a warranty

jeffsalaskanfronoregon013.jpg

jeffsalaskanfronoregon012.jpg