Went electric

racerone

Supreme Mariner
If you ICE product runs out of fuel you can carry a container of it to your vehicle.-----I think I should put a hefty generator in the back of my truck.----Advertize that I am ready to respond for those stranded with EV products.

FLATHEAD

Captain
If you ICE product runs out of fuel you can carry a container of it to your vehicle.-----I think I should put a hefty generator in the back of my truck.----Advertize that I am ready to respond for those stranded with EV products.
You know,, you might be on to a money maker right there. Not necessarily only a generator but some sort of lithium cell that you can quick transfer the energy into a depleted vehicle. I would think you would be busy depending on your area and you could state your price and get it.

BWR1953

Admiral
Not much really. I was responding to the post(s) about EVs. 🤡
Wellsir, my point was that the thread had gotten way off topic, which was a lawnmower. No offense intended.

This thread has been moderated a couple of times already, I'd hate to see it closed because of off topic stuff.

dubs283

Vice Admiral
I like the idea of becoming less dependent on fossil fuels in order to continue living the life I've become acclimated to without major change/disruption. I belive in order to live a comfortable, efficient, and successful life in America one must have access to an automobile to be used at their discretion at any time. Society has deemed the automobile as the number one form of daily transportation for all Americans and has over the years made sure the infrastructure is not only in place but that other forms (public transport, cycling, even walking) have received continually less attention compared to the automobile.

I very much support the idea of using electricity to power the things we all have become accustomed to fueling with gasoline. I really do like gasoline powered things and know that fossil fuels are very convenient to acquire and use. It's been that way for a very long time and in my opinion gasoline is still very affordable because it has to be for our society to continue operating the way it has for a long time. Energy companies make their profits with volume, hence the low prices, hence the continuation of infrastructure supporting individual automobiles.

I would gladly ditch gasoline for batteries as long as I can continue to live my life as easily as I do with gasoline. Make an affordable electric powered car that I can drive 1000 miles with the same or fewer interruptions as my gasoline powered car and ill buy it tomorrow. Really, that day is in the future but I do enjoy seeing the advancement of electrically powered devices, automobiles, tools, etc. This is something that is a big change in all our lives and will take a long time for it to take its rightful place in our society.

It's a huge change that not everybody is comfortable with. I certainly have some skepticism about committing to zero emissions energy and doubt I'll see it in my lifetime but eventually everybody will go electric

airshot

Rear Admiral
Funny how this went from small gas engines like weed waters to electric tools for home remodeling....can't say I ever used a weed water to remodel my home, or have I ever used a drill to trim my grass !! Guess each tool has its own advantages, so why compare the two ?? LOL......

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Not if it is hooked up to a monster battery on a separate trailer.-----Was at a museum where they had a monster mining shovel and it was electric.----Fairly big cord to power it.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I've gone cordless electric with my weed trimmer, is a cheap Black and Decker 21V, it uses the same battery for my hand drills and other tools. It doesn't have the power of gas neither of a corded trimmer but it is so practical just to grab it and start it immediatelly that I don't miss the gas one, it is mainly used to edge my yard which is 1/4 acre not very heavy.
For lawn mowers I have a reliable Gas toro push mower, I investigated a lot before buying it and most of the electric lawnmowers will not cut my whole yard with one charge, most of them seemed to have enough power to cut the tall fescue I have but not juice enough to cut it at once. Now, I'm also a tech enthusiast and I have a robot mower, I must say that I´m so pleased with that thing, it still has some challenges to be improved, it gets stucked from time to time in holes in my yard and doesn't have the best software in my opinion (I have a chinese cheap version) but I love that it cuts the grass every day and it looks always freshly cut, apparently cutting it daily and leaving the trimms there help the health of the garden so it looks pretty nice, I use this robot for my front yard and the gas lawn mower for the back one, I will definetely in the future get a second robot
My brother has one of those robot lawn mowers, He loves it! Mows the lawn every few days on its own and then drives back to its charger base and parks/ recharges. I have to admit its pretty cool!

airshot

Rear Admiral
My brother has one of those robot lawn mowers, He loves it! Mows the lawn every few days on its own and then drives back to its charger base and parks/ recharges. I have to admit its pretty cool!
Very cool until they get stuck in a big pile of doggy doo doo !!

JimDirt

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Wellsir, my point was that the thread had gotten way off topic, which was a lawnmower. No offense intended.

This thread has been moderated a couple of times already, I'd hate to see it closed because of off topic stuff.
In a thread titled "went electric" discussing EV's isn't really that far off topic. I mean electric lawn mower, electric weed whacker, electric vehicle...they all have a common thread.

tphoyt

Ensign
I was curious so had to look and here it is. The Case 580 EV.

Attachments

• IMG_1362.png
    IMG_1362.png
    871.8 KB · Views: 5

lgaytan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Very cool until they get stuck in a big pile of doggy doo doo !!
Your role changes with the robot, I own a large Neapolitan Mastiff, you can imagine what kind of dog poo he makes. Maybe not the best practice but when I used regular mower I cleaned up the yard 1 or 2 times per week, so when I mowed I didn't step on poo and get messy, now with the robot as the grass is freshly cut everyday you notice the new poops easily and I simply pick them up every couple days before it goes out to work, so I like it this way better, no smell, quick cleanup, no mess, but definetely having a robot does not takes your work away completly, it just changes.