Weekly Q&A July 5th

LadyFish

Admiral
This Week's Questions:<br /><br />1. Did you set off your own fireworks (I already know Noel's answer :p ) or see a public display on the 4th?<br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend?<br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc).<br /><br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song?<br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.?<br /><br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be?<br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents?

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Weekly Q&A July 5th

This Week's Questions:<br /><br />1. Did you set off your own fireworks (I already know Noel's answer :p ) or see a public display on the 4th? NO, was on a boat 200 miles out to sea<br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend? see previous answer<br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc). Little Bighorn<br /><br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song? It's raining on the Rock<br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.? Utah snow fields<br /><br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be? Remove all cats!!!<br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents? Pre-emptive strikes :D

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

1. Did you set off your own fireworks (I already know Noel's answer ) or see a public display on the 4th? - Neither - moving into our new house. <br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend? - too busy moving in <br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc). The National Mall in DC - in particular the Viet Nam Memorial <br /><br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song? Ray Charles' "America the Beautiful" <br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.? Redwood National and State Parks <br /><br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be? Building Codes - they drove us nuts! <br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents? Freedom

one more cast

Captain

This Week's Questions:<br /><br />1. Did you set off your own fireworks (I already know Noel's answer ) or see a public display on the 4th? Watched a public display on Saturday night. <br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend? Burgers, chedder worsts, hot sausage, and hot dogs <br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc). I've only been to the Statue of liberty...but loved it <br /><br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song? Courtesy of the red, white and blue (the angry American) <br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.? anywhere there is a rainbow, puffy white clouds, a field of wild flowers, wildlife.... <br /><br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be? stop the greed EDIT: I'm also going with the building code bull. <br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents?<br /> I would like to think freedom

LadyFish

Admiral

Great answers guys. :) <br /><br />Keep 'em comin y'all.

eeboater

Commander

This Week's Questions:<br /><br />1. Did you set off your own fireworks (I already know Noel's answer [Razz] ) or see a public display on the 4th? Nope, there were enough free ones for me to see without having to spend money on my own! :D <br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend? Brats! <br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc).hmm... tough one, especially since I just got back from AK. Mt. McKinley was a sight to be seen. Even still, I'm going to have to go with Gettysburg. That battlefield represents so much to this country and who we are.<br /><br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song? "Proud to be an American" - Lee Greenwood<br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.?Alaska. The last great frontier --- they ain't kiddin.<br /><br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be? Oddly enough, more restaurants. Is that bad?<br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents? Happiness, success, opportunity, love, pride, concern and something everyone deserves; Freedom.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1. Did you set off your own fireworks (I already know Noel's answer ) or see a public display on the 4th? Summermotion on the river with John Michael Montgomery headlining.<br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend? Steaks and bugers for the family, hard to grill lettuce. :( <br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc).<br /> Lincoln Memorial<br /><br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song? Star Spangled Banner<br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.? Up through the mountains of Wyoming<br /><br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be? Homeless people.<br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents? The right for me to type these answers.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

1 My uncle and I took our family's out in my boat to a display on saturday...It is my one and only "join the crowd event each year"<br /><br />2 no barbicueing this weekend...but I have had a strange desire to try springbok latley???<br /><br />3 this is a toufgh one and although it is not an "american" it would have to be the various cliff dwellings of the american southwest indians.<br /><br />4 "I'm proud to be an american"...<br /><br />5 Colorado<br /><br />6 This small community's desire to be a place of growth...Get over it, most of us here like it because it is SMALL!<br /><br />7 I'm a little cynical this morning...Think I will pass on this answer.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1. Watched a community display from about 20 miles away.<br /><br />2. Grilled a beef filet.<br /><br />3. I have been to many wonderful historic places, but the one I want to go back to is the Little Bighorn Battlefield.<br /><br />4. Our National Anthem still brings tears to my eyes.<br /><br />5. Oh, Lordy! Our country offers spectacular and differing views anywhere you go. I love the mountains from Mexico to Canada, I love Alaska. If I had to pick just one it would be the view from my front porch.<br /><br />6. There are a couple of homes that are dumps of trash and junk. . . same family. I would like them cleaned up.<br /><br />7. Personal freedom and opportunity.

Darren Smith

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good questions... <br /><br />1.) Neither :( couldn't find any fireworks to buy here, and no public displays<br /><br />2.) BBQed hotdogs and chili for chili dogs, and apple pie for desert... MMmmm it was good<br /><br />3.) This is tough, I've seen the Statue of Liberty, Sear's Tower, and one American landmark that isn't on U.S. soil anymore, the Panama Canal. All great feats with they're own meaning.<br /><br />4.) Proud to be an American.<br /><br />5.) Sedona Arizona, red rock mountains, beautiful area. Also the Columbia River Gourge (sp?) is pretty high up there.<br /><br />6.) Well, since I'm not in my community anymore, I can't comment.<br /><br />7.) For me, it represents freedom, diversity, and oportunity.

aspeck

Staff member

1. Did you set off your own fireworks (I already know Noel's answer [Razz] ) or see a public display on the 4th?<br /><br />Saw several displays as we traveled home from Vermont.<br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend?<br /><br />Venison & Elk burgers & Venison steak - all marinated in a soy, A-1, Vermont Maple Syrup, onion, galic, salt & pepper mixture. YUMMMMMM!<br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc).<br /><br />Gettysburg<br /><br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song?<br /><br />Star Spangled Banner<br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.?<br /><br />Central PA (No place like home). West coast, Rockies, Grand Canyon, Great Lakes region, Florida Glades, East Coast, Smoky Mountians, Adirondacks, Green Mountians, all come in a close second.<br /><br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be?<br /><br />You mean other than getting rid of all the idiots? Humm, That's about it.<br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents?<br /><br />FREEDOM

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This Week's Questions:<br /><br />1. Did you set off your own fireworks (I already know Noel's answer ) or see a public display on the 4th? <br />Public display<br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend? <br />Brisket<br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc).<br /> Statue of Liberty<br /><br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song?<br />America the Beautiful (Ray Charles version)<br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.? <br />Colorado<br /><br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be? <br />Stop the developers from clear cutting the oak trees for housing.<br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents?<br /><br /> Freedom of expression

sangerwaker

Commander

1. Did you set off your own fireworks or see a public display on the 4th?<br />Neither. Saw some at the cabin Sunday evening, but stayed home last night. We'll go see the Aquatennial Fireworks on the 23rd from the boat.<br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend?<br />Chicken and burgers<br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc).<br />Mt. Rushmore<br /><br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song?<br />Star Spangled Banner<br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.?<br />Canyon areas around Moab, Utah.<br /><br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be?<br />Less crime. Don't get me wrong, the crime rate where I live is very low, but unless it's zero, it's still too high for me.<br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents?<br />Freedom!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

1. Did you set off your own fireworks (I already know Noel's answer ) or see a public display on the 4th? Did our own show, had a nice crowd of people. <br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend? Fresh ham, Deep Fried Turkeys, loads of Brats, Burgers, and dogs. Too may sides to choose from and no room for desert.<br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc). Biggest lump in throat, tear in eye: Battle Field at Little Bighorn. Instill the most intense sense pride: Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. How many of our American roots started there?<br /><br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song? Star Spangled Banner, don’t get any better than that.<br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.? Glacier National Park, followed by The Grand Canyon………man what scenery!!! <br /><br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be? The Neighbors….. (Just Kidding) Bring it closer together.<br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents? Little pink houses, for you and me……….. (Listen to the song)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

1. Negative on the fireworks, but they were welding on Monster Garage last nite. Does that count?...<br /><br />2. Baby back ribs..<br /><br />3. The Dixie Coca-Cola Bottling plant in Atlanta...Yes, its a bona-fied national historic landmanrk.. :p <br /><br />4. Jimi Hendrix version of the Star Spangled Banner... I know some folks absolutely hate it, but I think it's beautiful...<br /><br />5. I'll get back to ya on that once I seen it all... :) <br /><br />6. New sewer and water pipes and pave Parker ave., making Parker two lanes in the process, instead of the current four lanes..<br /><br />7. Responsibilty

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> This Week's Questions:<br /><br />1. Did you set off your own fireworks (I already know Noel's answer :p ) or see a public display on the 4th?<br /> <br />No <br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend?<br /><br /> Couple of butterfish fillets <br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc).<br /> <br />Have never travelled to the U.S but would like to visit the Statue of Liberty<br /> <br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song?<br /> <br />Kay San <br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.?<br /> <br />DNA<br /> <br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be?<br /><br /> Nothing <br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents? <br /><br /><br />

NathanY

Commander

1. Did you set off your own fireworks (I already know Noel's answer :p ) or see a public display on the 4th?<br /><br />We set off our own<br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend?<br /><br />None, I smoked a brisket.<br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc).<br /><br />Jesus of the Ozarks, dont know if it is a historical landmark, but you cant help be humbled by it.<br /><br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song?<br /><br />National Anthem<br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.?<br /><br />Lived in the Ozarks, dont get much purdier than that.<br /><br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be?<br /><br />This one is best left unanswered.<br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents?<br /><br />2nd ammendment. (for now anyway)

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

1. Did you set off your own fireworks (I already know Noel's answer ) or see a public display on the 4th?Watched the kids in the neighborhood put on their own display.<br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend? Rib eyes.<br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc).<br />Vietnam War Memorial<br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song?Woody Guthrie's " This Land is Your Land"<br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.? Elk River, AL<br /><br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be? Kids' peer pressure to use tobacco products.<br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents? Unity, Liberty, Freedom.

brother chris

Commander

I know I am not american, but here is a Canadian view.<br /><br />
Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> This Week's Questions:<br /><br />1. Did you set off your own fireworks (I already know Noel's answer :p ) or see a public display on the 4th?<br /><br />VANCOUVER WAS NOT PERMITTED TO HAVE A FIREWORKS SHOW THIS YEAR. SOME LOCAL CITIES PUT ON DISPLAYS, BUT I HAD TO WORK, SO...NO. I DO NOT EVEN HAVE A WOMAN IN MY LIFE, SO I COULD NOT EVEN MAKE MY OWN FIREWORKS. :( <br /><br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend?<br /><br />A BIG HONKIN INSIDE ROUND STEAK. <br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc).<br /><br />MT RUSHMORE IS A COOL PLACE TO VISIT. <br /><br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song?<br /><br />O CANADA<br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.?<br /><br />DAYTONA BEACH, DURING SPRING BREAK. :D <br /><br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be?<br /><br />LAWS WHICH MAKE IT ILLEGAL FOR ME TO THROW THINGS AT STUPID DRIVERS WHO CUT ME OFF AND TAILGATE ME.<br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents? <br /><br />AMERICA REPRESENTS(IN MY OPINION) THE LARGEST AND MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. <br /><br />

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> This Week's Questions:<br /><br />1. Did you set off your own fireworks (I already know Noel's answer :p ) or see a public display on the 4th?<br /><br />2. What meat did you BBQ this weekend?<br /><br />3. What’s your favorite American historical landmark? (Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc).<br /><br />4. What is your favorite patriotic song?<br /><br />5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever traveled to in the U.S.?<br /><br />6. If you could change one thing in your community what would it be?<br /><br />7. Besides baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, what do you think America represents?
1. Yes and Yes<br />2. Hot dogs<br />3. Ive only seen Mt rushmore<br />4. America the beautiful<br />5. Yellowstone<br />6. Get people to take pride in thier lives and their homes<br />7. Opportunity for EVERYONE<br /><br />Ken