Weekly Q&A 8/15-8/21

ehenry

Commander
Re: Weekly Q&A 8/15-8/21

1. When does school start in your area? - Started last Wednesday<br />2. What other hobbies do you have besides boating/fishing? - Hutning, gardening, building and flying remote control airplanes.<br />3. What is the average night time low in your area for mid August? - Low to mid 80's<br />4. What's your favorite childhood memory? - My Grandaddy taking me to the cedar closet and getting peppermint sticks from his secret stash.<br />5. What's your favorite variety of Coca-Cola®? -Dr. Pepper<br />6. What’s your current DIY (do-it-yourself) project(s) ? - Cutting the beetle trees out of my place and burning them.<br />7. What's the furthest trip you've ever driven?- From Kodiak Island, AK to Canton, MS.<br />8. Do you have a phobia? If so, what? - None.<br />9. What quirk does your spouse/friend have that drives you crazy? - Won't go there.<br />10. If you could only give one tip to a new boater what would it be? - Learn how to back your trailer before you go to the ramp.

SoulWinner

Commander

1. When does school start in your area?<br /><br />Last week I think<br /><br />2. What other hobbies do you have besides boating/fishing?<br /><br />Practiceing my bagpipes.<br /><br />3. What is the average night time low in your area for mid August?<br /><br />Low to mid 70's<br /><br />4. What's your favorite childhood memory?<br /><br />Playing "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" with a neighborhood girl<br /><br />5. What's your favorite variety of Coca-Cola®?<br /><br />Dasani water<br /><br />6. What’s your current DIY (do-it-yourself) project(s) ?<br /><br />learning to play my bagpipes<br /><br />7. What's the furthest trip you've ever driven?<br /><br />We used to drive from Junction City Kansas to Milton Florida and back on Three Day Passes when I was in the Army<br /><br />8. Do you have a phobia? If so, what?<br /><br />No, I am not afraid of anything<br /><br />9. What quirk does your spouse/friend have that drives you crazy?<br /><br />Well, I have one buddy who is the most superficial, self absorbed person in the world<br /><br />10. If you could only give one tip to a new boater what would it be?<br /><br />Do whatever it takes to get your wife/kids interested in fishing with you. I always go alone and it kind of sucks.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

1. When does school start in your area? Today <br />2. What other hobbies do you have besides boating/fishing? Beer Drinking <br />3. What is the average night time low in your area for mid August? 80s <br />4. What's your favorite childhood memory? Going to my grandparents farm every Sat. <br />5. What's your favorite variety of Coca-Cola®? Regular <br />6. What’s your current DIY (do-it-yourself) project(s) ? Jet ski rebuild <br />7. What's the furthest trip you've ever driven? Galveston to NY, 1900 miles<br />8. Do you have a phobia? If so, what? Questions <br />9. What quirk does your spouse/friend have that drives you crazy? Err...None,she’s perfect <br />10. If you could only give one tip to a new boater what would it be?Let the wind help you when leaving the dock Capt. Crunch!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

. When does school start in your area?<br />Aug 16<br />2. What other hobbies do you have besides boating/fishing?<br />Hunting, camping, car racing, dirt bikeing, anything outdoors cept exercising<br />3. What is the average night time low in your area for mid August?<br />70 ish<br />4. What's your favorite childhood memory?<br />Too many to list!!!<br />5. What's your favorite variety of Coca-Cola®?<br />Classic<br />6. What’s your current DIY (do-it-yourself) project(s) ?<br />House landscapeing, remodel bathroom<br />7. What's the furthest trip you've ever driven?<br />Houston to Montana to enjoy the no spee limit in my new Camaro Z28<br />8. Do you have a phobia? If so, what?<br />None<br />9. What quirk does your spouse/friend have that drives you crazy?<br />Wont listen!!!<br />10. If you could only give one tip to a new boater what would it be?<br />Be safe!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1. When does school start in your area?<br />Already has thank god. :D <br /><br />2. What other hobbies do you have besides boating/fishing?<br />Camping, raising my dogs, computers.<br /><br />3. What is the average night time low in your area for mid August?<br />60<br /><br />4. What's your favorite childhood memory?<br />Moon pie.<br /><br />5. What's your favorite variety of Coca-Cola®?<br />Diet<br /><br />6. What’s your current DIY (do-it-yourself) project(s) ?<br />Redoing a 1988 Jeep Cherokee.<br />Also a 1964 El Camino.<br /><br />7. What's the furthest trip you've ever driven?<br />Oh, you said driven, sorry. :D <br />3 round trips from Pensacola Fla. to LA to Buffalo Ny. Man I was tired when I got done.<br /><br />8. Do you have a phobia? If so, what?<br />Not that I know of. "What was that?"<br /><br />9. What quirk does your spouse/friend have that drives you crazy?<br />Can't say here, but "It drives me crazy"<br /><br />10. If you could only give one tip to a new boater what would it be?<br />Buy a manual.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by CoachHolland:<br />7. What's the furthest trip you've ever driven?<br /><br />London, England.
And what Interstate do we take to get there Coach, please tell, I might want to make that trip. :D

brother chris

Commander

1. When does school start in your area?<br />???? Sept...not sure<br />2. What other hobbies do you have besides boating/fishing?<br />Other hobbies....there are OTHER hobbies :rolleyes: Just kidding...praising and worshipping God. <br />3. What is the average night time low in your area for mid August?<br />14 degrees, oh yeah, 58 to you americans<br />4. What's your favorite childhood memory?<br />Camping with the family<br />5. What's your favorite variety of Coca-Cola®?<br />?????????????<br />6. What’s your current DIY (do-it-yourself) project(s) ?<br />1962 Fairliner..30ft....redoing the interior and motor and fiberglass etc...<br />7. What's the furthest trip you've ever driven?<br />All around North America. I drove by myself<br />8. Do you have a phobia? If so, what?<br />Used to have agoraphobia. Sometimes still get bouts of it<br />9. What quirk does your spouse/friend have that drives you crazy?<br />A friend: Haggling, I mean everywhere. He even trys to haggle at McDonalds. What a cheap freak! <br />10. If you could only give one tip to a new boater what would it be?<br />Take a course on rules/regulations for their areas

Dunaruna

Admiral

1. Feb<br />2. Camping & 4x4 touring<br />3. 10c (50f)<br />4. Camping & boating with ALL the family <br />5. Original<br />6. Entire house paint (freshen up)<br />7. 12,000 km round trip<br />8. Sharks, spiders, snakes and extreme heights<br />9. Talking non stop until the adds come on then deadly silence.<br />10. Take the time to learn what you've got and how to use it.

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by SBN:<br />
Originally posted by CoachHolland:<br />7. What's the furthest trip you've ever driven?<br /><br />London, England.
And what Interstate do we take to get there Coach, please tell, I might want to make that trip. :D
Ah crap SBN. I'm from Kentucky. You should know that most of us can't be bothered to actually be able to read. :D <br /><br />Okay, longest trip I've ever actually be close to a tie. I've driven would be a trek up to upstate New York and then over to the Canadian side of the falls. Checked out Albany and Buffalo, NY on that trip as well as Niagra Falls.<br /><br />Trip to Albany took about 12 hours, then the trip to Niagra Falls took another six hours. If I remember correctly, the return trip only took eight hours though.<br /><br />Then also there was the trip down to Daytona Beach (around 12 hours) and then over to Panama City (another six). Actually, this trip may have been longer because the return trip was about 12 hours.<br /><br />Then there is Austin, TX. 17 hours both ways.

oddjob

Commander

1. When does school start in your area? Yesterday<br />2. What other hobbies do you have besides boating/fishing? Too damn many, I'm good at nearly everything..<br />3. What is the average night time low in your area for mid August? 80<br />4. What's your favorite childhood memory? Flying w/ my father and riding horses. <br />5. What's your favorite variety of Coca-Cola®? Coke<br />6. What’s your current DIY (do-it-yourself) project(s) ? Hoe about whats currently not?<br />7. What's the furthest trip you've ever driven?Washington State to Florida<br />8. Do you have a phobia? If so, what? Dying<br />9. What quirk does your spouse/friend have that drives you crazy? slams the door instead of closing it.<br />10. If you could only give one tip to a new boater what would it be?<br />Wear a life jacket.

mikecjn

Petty Officer 1st Class

1. When does school start in your area? Sept 7<br /><br />2. What other hobbies do you have besides boating/fishing? Hunting<br /><br />3. What is the average night time low in your area for mid August? 60's<br /><br />4. What's your favorite childhood memory? Offshore fishing<br /><br />5. What's your favorite variety of Coca-Cola®? Classic<br /><br />6. What’s your current DIY (do-it-yourself) project(s) ? Replacing floors in house<br /><br />7. What's the furthest trip you've ever driven? Newport Rhode Island to San Diego California<br /><br />8. Do you have a phobia? If so, what? Needles. <br /><br />What quirk does your spouse/friend have that drives you crazy? Hmmm...dunno<br /><br />10. If you could only give one tip to a new boater what would it be? Keep it enjoyable for everyone.