Weekly Q&A (6/13-6/19)

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Weekly Q&A (6/13-6/19)

1. Depth finder(even if its a H' bird)<br />2. All fish are exciting<br />3. Never have used lures<br />4. 7.5 HP Scott-Atwater/with tank. 25.00 and it still runs<br />5. Night crawlers<br />6. I love my Grandpa<br />7. FISHING/ the wife and I, we make a good fishing team.<br />8. We catch unless fishing is good then we pan fry at camp.<br />9. none<br />10. Put on PFD, start motor, hope to go fast enuff for water to go out after pulling plug. If not enuff speed head for nearest land.

NathanY

Commander

1. What is your favorite boat accessory?<br />ME! I am the perfect accessory to any boat! <br />2. What is the most exciting fish you've ever caught?<br /> Big ole Catfish accidently while Crappie fishing. <br />3. What is your favorite lure? (pics welcome)<br /> Lil' Fishie <br />4. Have you ever found a real bargain at a garage sale, & if so, what?<br /> none <br />5. What is your favorite live bait?<br /> Tuffy Minnows, some call them fatheads <br />6. What is printed on your favorite fishin cap?<br /> Lindsey Hauling. That is where I work. <br />7. What is your favorite sport? Team?<br /> Football, DALLAS COWBOYS!!!! THE ONLY FOOTBALL TEAM!!! <br />8. Do you clean your fish the day you catch them, or ice them down and clean the next day?<br /> Clean them when I get home <br />9. Do you freeze your fish in water?<br /> Yes <br />10.If your boat took water over the bow, the bilge was not functioning and you were sinking, what would be your strategy? <br /><br />I drive a truck for a living, and I inspect that truck everyday before I drive it. There is NO excuse for having faulty equipment on a boat. Im sorry about your friend's boat, but that is just poor planning. A boat is just like a big truck, in that it needs to be pre-tripped before every outing. But, anywhoo, I would pull the plug and drive the pi$$ out of her.

FLATHEAD

Captain

1. What is your favorite boat accessory?<br />My four tube rod holder<br /><br />2. What is the most exciting fish you've ever caught?<br />Tough question,, cant decide<br /><br />3. What is your favorite lure? (pics welcome)<br />Right now senko's<br /><br />4. Have you ever found a real bargain at a garage sale, & if so, what?<br />Don't really do garage sales.<br /><br />5. What is your favorite live bait?<br />Never use live bait, ever!<br /><br />6. What is printed on your favorite fishin cap?<br />Camouflage<br /><br />7. What is your favorite sport? Team?<br />Eagles<br />8. Do you clean your fish the day you catch them, or ice them down and clean the next day?<br />Never keep any fish, Catch and release.<br /><br />9. Do you freeze your fish in water?<br />See above<br />10.If your boat took water over the bow, the bilge was not functioning and you were sinking, what would be your strategy?<br />Wide spread panic and disorganization!!!,

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

1. What is your favorite boat accessory?<br />CD player (I installed it myself!!!)<br />2. What is the most exciting fish you've ever caught?<br />4 1/2 foot hammerhead shark from shore on the Intercoastal at St. Pete beach<br />3. What is your favorite lure? (pics welcome)<br />Erie Dearie w/minnow<br />4. Have you ever found a real bargain at a garage sale, & if so, what?<br />Nope, but I'm sellin' 'treasures' galore this weekend at my place.<br />5. What is your favorite live bait?<br />Minnows<br />6. What is printed on your favorite fishin cap?<br />OSU Buckeyes ball cap<br />7. What is your favorite sport? Team?<br />Football, OSU Buckeyes<br />8. Do you clean your fish the day you catch them, or ice them down and clean the next day?<br />Same day<br />9. Do you freeze your fish in water?<br />No<br />10.If your boat took water over the bow, the bilge was not functioning and you were sinking, what would be your strategy?<br />Don lifejackets, run up a distress flag, fire off an aerial device, get on the VHF & hollar "Mayday", prepare to get wet.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Landing net<br />coho salmon<br />Rapala Husky Jerk<br />yes, a new pressure cooker, $.50; unused nearly new tire and wheel for boat trailer- $5.; solid oak dinette set with 6 chairs- $35<br />leaches<br />PACKERS<br />Green Bay Packers<br />Ice them down when caught, clean when back on shore<br />occasionally<br />Distess flag and radio call won't do any good where I fish., Best to snug up the lifejacket and dig out the signal mirror, and hope a plane flies over.

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

1. What is your favorite boat accessory?<br />Corona....<br />2. What is the most exciting fish you've ever caught?<br />Dont have an exciting moment yet....look at my post on not being able to catch any fish :( <br />3. What is your favorite lure? (pics welcome)<br />Shower, shave n good cologne... oh you mean fishing, I like Mepps lures, grew up with them.<br />4. Have you ever found a real bargain at a garage sale, & if so, what?<br />Kinda sorta, thru a friend a Canon F-1 manual 35 mm camera with a really good 28-35 wide angle lens for 25 bucks. Might be worth 500-750 dollars or so, the camera and lens were in 8+ condition. <br />5. What is your favorite live bait?<br />Grass shrimp<br />6. What is printed on your favorite fishin cap?<br />"Florida"<br />7. What is your favorite sport? Team?<br />Dont have one. I watch a lot of Nascar though..<br />8. Do you clean your fish the day you catch them, or ice them down and clean the next day?<br />Catch n release, havent cleaned a fish in 20 years.<br />9. Do you freeze your fish in water?<br />Refer to #8<br />10.If your boat took water over the bow, the bilge was not functioning and you were sinking, what would be your strategy?<br />A Captain goes down with the ship..... :)

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

1. What is your favorite boat accessory?<br />-Fish Finder / GPS<br /><br />2. What is the most exciting fish you've ever caught?<br />-36" stingray wing tip to tip<br /><br />3. What is your favorite lure? (pics welcome)<br />-Any Berkley Power worm<br /><br />4. Have you ever found a real bargain at a garage sale, & if so, what?<br />-Dock Spring Poles for $50.00<br /><br />5. What is your favorite live bait?<br />-Bass=Crawdads, Fluke=Minnow/Squid combo<br /><br />6. What is printed on your favorite fishin cap?<br />TMD back on the water<br /><br />7. What is your favorite sport?<br />Football<br /> Team? Eagles<br /><br />8. Do you clean your fish the day you catch them, or ice them down and clean the next day?<br />Same day then into the pan :cool: :cool: <br /><br />9. Do you freeze your fish in water?<br />No<br /><br />10.If your boat took water over the bow, the bilge was not functioning and you were sinking, what would be your strategy?<br />Pull plug and wot till water is drained out the bilge.

oddjob

Commander

1. The engine <br />2. Red fish<br />3. Top water plug<br />4. no<br />5. Shinners(fresh), Greenbacks (salt)<br />6. Royal Caribian<br />7. Miami Dolphins <br />8. same day<br />9. panfish yes<br />10.Bailing

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

1. What is your favorite boat accessory?<br /> I don't really accesorize<br />2. What is the most exciting fish you've ever caught? 50+ dorado<br />3. What is your favorite lure? (pics welcome)<br /> my charming personality<br />4. Have you ever found a real bargain at a garage sale, & if so, what? an almost new saddle<br />5. What is your favorite live bait? anchovies<br />6. What is printed on your favorite fishin cap?<br />San Juan Islands<br />7. What is your favorite sport? Team? Golf...Team Watson<br />8. Do you clean your fish the day you catch them, or ice them down and clean the next day? I cleans 'em<br />9. Do you freeze your fish in water? only what I want to use for "cutbait"<br />10.If your boat took water over the bow, the bilge was not functioning and you were sinking, what would be your strategy. Really depends on situation...my boats have lots of flotation so I don't need to panic...but I do check the bilge pumpS before hand and have two pumps on seperate circuits. Can't say until the situation arises... :cool: