Weapons Ban Expired!!

knobby

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Weapons Ban Expired!!

I believe that was the International Brotherhood of Police Officers, not the LEC at large.....

mtumilty

Cadet

Knobby,<br />You are right the IBPO has endorsed Kerry, however my PO friends are all voting for Bush mostly based on his record of switching sides and they really don't credit the IBPO with anything except liberalism. BTW, the biggest police union, Fraternal Order of Police (318,000 members), has endorsed Bush, but that didn't get the same news coverage in the liberal media, did it?

mtumilty

Cadet

Rudder,<br />All I can say is the US was based on individual freedom. After looking at some stats between the US and UK I'm glad I can protect myself and my family until the police get to my house. Judging by the consistant rise in gun crime in the UK I hope your police are really fast and good with their night sticks. Not a knock on any country, like Barlow said "to each his own". Also 100% of the US adult population can not own firearms, we have a National Instant Check Ssytem (NICS). If you are a felon or had a minor domestic violence conviction you can't legally buy any gun. We aren't the gun crazy culture that the rest of the world makes us out to be, we just exercise our individual freedoms. One thing I have seen in many "civilized" countries is that only the rich and/or politically connected citizens could own guns, that really made me glad I live in the US.<br />AFF