Weapons Ban Expired!!

tylerin

Commander
Re: Weapons Ban Expired!!

Its cheaper for me to put my m-16 (modified AR)on 3 round bursts. If some weirdo comes walking through my door I doubt he'd get a 223 put in him...more than likely I'd put a 45 through him.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Just cut the crap and buy one of these for home defense
5718x
cheaper, much more safe and a bit more stopping 'umph'. :D

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Hi guys<br />Believe it or not this subject made the 6.00 pm news here in NZ last night. Big deal.<br />Even played some footage of a shootout that probably happened some time back of some felons that had a difference of opinion with some cops after they were stopped from escaping with the loot.<br />We have a stupid attitude in Govt still regards firearms but that is another subject altogether.<br /><br />We ALL know that the crims will never get a permit to carry any weapons at all but does that stop them from aquiring guns? NO WAY.<br /><br />My rant.<br /><br />Best of luck<br /><br />Peter

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Barlow, isn't that the type off gun that Kerry wants to ban, because of the pistol grip etc... (picture)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

What gun??? I don't see any gun... :p :D <br /><br /><br />wait ... I'm seeing double<br /><br /><br />
5uzbq
<br /><br />Not to worried about it beezee28. He might want to .. but, it's ultimately the people of the Nation ...just not the 'guy'.

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

That 'pre-ban' 'post ban' thing didn't bother me except that 20 round M-14 magazines jumped to $50 each from $10. Also, as far as handguns go, me being a Colt .45 shooter, it more or less didn't apply.<br /><br />And I'm more than happy with my single shot bolt gun in .50BMG.<br /><br />But, now that the ban has expired, perhaps Tony & Suzi Barret or Mark Serbu will make extended magazines for their Semi-Auto .50BMGs. <br /><br />Hmmmm,,,, I may just need to divert money from the 'Keep Ed. from starving to death this week fund', and prepare to get one of these things.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Jb, how come you remove a thread about anuuling gay marriage from the GNN but leave on here one that upsets so many police officers? Seems good news is only what's good news to you.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Not taking a side here knobby, but I think JB went fishing for the next ten days..

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Something about a muskie, and don't beat up on the other mod's - have a nice day. He is single though so who knows! :p

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Wishing you the best of many years to come, I'm at 22+ and gets better every day. At least from my opinion.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Hey knobby, at 22 the world is your oyster, grab it wrestle it to the ground and take your fill. Although there are many bumps in the road you begin to appreciate what experience is and to enjoy the little things.<br /><br />Life is good, it gets better, it also gets different. Thanks for the well wishes!!!

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Pointer, that's been married for 22+. I agree, life is good, and still getting better. We just had our first young'un 3 years ago. Spitting image of dad....A gift from above....always thankful.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

OOPS, OH GEEZ,<br /><br />Open mouth insert foot. None the less, It's comforting to hear there are people who are having children a little later. It's on my list of things to do this next year. :D <br /><br />Glad to hear that life only gets better, a little nervous about being responsible for a little one when I have been less than completely responsible for caring for myself :p

Rudderman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Handguns are illegal over here, as are assault rifles and automatic weapons. You can have shotguns or rifles though. I have to say that personally I'm glad we have the ban...I don't like the idea of everyone just walking round with easily concealed weapons. Its strange how cultures are so different. Its seen as a person's right in one country and seen as a crime in another! America is no "free-er" than Ireland though, we just don't want concealable weapons in our society.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

knobby ... if you were to talk to all 5 of my towns local officers (one is a lady) they're actually for the ban expiration. Good friend of mine (known since high school)is a cop in Milwaukee and his comments have been for/indifferent to the expiration also.<br /><br />just my face to face experiences and only 6 cops in a million but, hearing it from them on a person to person basis is a bit more reliable than hearing it from some news cast via 'big city politics'.<br /><br />Thats only my limited experience on the matter.<br /><br />Rudder ... to each his own. As far as concealable weapons go.. ever seen what can happen to a person with a belt and its buckle?? a fountain pen? a pair of scissors?? screw driver?? blah blah blah ... etcetera.<br /><br />How about the good ole' closed fist ... <br /><br />it doesn't matter whats used ....<br /><br />ITS THE FREAKIN' PERSON BEHIND IT! :mad: :rolleyes: <br /><br />You of all people (I would imagine) would realize this from all the IRA and Brit. crap that's gone on in your own country.

mtumilty

Cadet

Knobby... Most police officiers see the ban for what it was, a leftest scheme to slowly take away second ammendment rights. It is the only thing standing in the way of disarming America. It was passed for this reason. Criminals, as most cops know, get their guns illegally and don't care too much about bans as it is easier to get what ever they can and modify it to suit their needs. <br /><br />Rudder...Are you saying criminals don't have handguns in your beautiful country. If they have them, law abbiding citizens should as well. May be that is just the "American" in me.<br /><br />All- beware of the UN, they are trying to ban "assault weapons" world-wide, then only military forces and terrorists will have them for sure. I wonder if the US would sign it, they couldn't enfore it...could they?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by April'sFishingFool:<br /> All- beware of the UN, they are trying to ban "assault weapons" world-wide, then only military forces and terrorists will have them for sure. I wonder if the US would sign it, they couldn't enfore it...could they?
Only if John Kerry were to let them. :rolleyes: Naw, actually, they would have to get it through congress first. I doubt that could happen, TODAY.

Rudderman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Barlow, I agree that its the person behind the gun and not the gun itself who is to blame. Thats the very reason why I don't think everyone should be allowed to own one...because if you allow 100% of the adult population to have a gun, the chances of a crackpot getting their hands on one is very high. <br /><br />April's...Criminals do have guns over here, but gun crime isn't a major problem here yet...heck, the police don't even have guns, only the special forces people have them! But I have to disagree that its a good solution to give everyone handguns just cos the criminals have em too.....if the criminals got their hands on rocket propelled grenades or missiles, should ya start selling them to the public too?<br /><br />Is there not a bad news forum somewhere that this topic could go to? hehehe :D :p

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

If it's such good news, is that why the law enforcement community is endosing Kerry?