We want to see your boat!

CHIEF915

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: We want to see your boat!

Last weekend in Saronicos gulf outside 12 miles from Athens...

Is that an external bow thruster on the front of your boat? I have never seen one of those... I may look into one.

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes, that's what it is.
Bought it from SideShift. It works GREAT, is 100% silent (not like tunnel thrusters that sound like a broken engine) and spins the bow around in no time. + it turns heads at the marina.
When on plane it stays out of the water, so no drag. Does not affect boat handling either, even at big waves.
Installation (without wiring) took about 4 hours on a trailer....
Wiring is a ***** (as with all bowthrusters and windlass) and took me 6 hours as you have to route fat cables from the batteries (engine room) to the interior of the boat and hide them without destroying anything. That task involves lots of cuts on your hands, back pain and stripping half the interior of the boat.

CHIEF915

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes, that's what it is.
Bought it from SideShift. It works GREAT, is 100% silent (not like tunnel thrusters that sound like a broken engine) and spins the bow around in no time. + it turns heads at the marina.
When on plane it stays out of the water, so no drag. Does not affect boat handling either, even at big waves.
Installation (without wiring) took about 4 hours on a trailer....
Wiring is a ***** (as with all bowthrusters and windlass) and took me 6 hours as you have to route fat cables from the batteries (engine room) to the interior of the boat and hide them without destroying anything. That task involves lots of cuts on your hands, back pain and stripping half the interior of the boat.

Thanks for the info, I am going to do some research and this may become a new winter project.

96300se

Cadet

022.jpg053.jpgHere is our newly acquired 1996 300SE. Nice site by the way....Any other New Brunswickers on here?

026.jpg

jetdoctr

Cadet

just bought er.... still have yet to sort out what model it is but i belive its a '82 doral 164 with the 2.5L omc sterndrive. cant wait to get it in the water

View attachment 117490

Supercat 1960

Recruit

0529112017.jpg0529112017a.jpg0529112017b.jpg0529112018a.jpgmotors.jpg

1960 Supercat with twin johnson 100's. Will pull your arms off with her hole shot!

BoomerangII

Cadet

01' 270, first summer on her and we couldn't be happier. 270's layout is unmatched for a boat this size, feels like a 32'.

Attachments

• doral.jpg
    doral.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 2
  • doral2.jpg
    doral2.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 2

Burtonair01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

01' 270, first summer on her and we couldn't be happier. 270's layout is unmatched for a boat this size, feels like a 32'.

Nice boat!
What did you give for it if you don't mind my asking? Just trying to get a feel of other places are paying for boats.
What is in it, motor and drive?

Top Rack

Cadet

Here is a super deal!! Leftover 2008 Prestancia and I do not think you can add another option on this fine boat. Loaded with generator, air conditioning, teak platform, 5.0 Volvo Penta fresh water cooled, GPS and the list goes on. "We" just replaced the Volvo XPD drives and transom shields to Ocean X. Boat has 24 hours on it and has been dry stored at our facility since new. This boat shows like new, runs like new and has been priced to sell.

More info at www.TopRackMarina.com

Attachments

• Pres 1.jpg
    Pres 1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Pres 2.jpg
    Pres 2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Pres 3.jpg
    Pres 3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Pres 4.jpg
    Pres 4.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 2

Travelon

Recruit

Here is Alacrity, my 2008 Doral Mediterra. I love this boat, I only wish the company would pay my simple Warranty Claim for $900.

Alacrity.jpg

trelil

Cadet

This is my new to me 1997 Doral 270 SC. It has AC, 6.2L fuel injected Mercruiser with Bravo III outdrive. I just wish it had a generator, electric head and a macerator pump but I guess I cant have it all. She cruises at 35 MPH and tops out at 45 MPH. I love it!

Home Dock - Copy.jpg

Burtonair01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You all have very nice boats, and where they are docked looks awsome as well!

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What motor do you have in your boat, also what year is it.
Same boat I have, love it, good looking boat!!!

Sorry for the late reply.....
Have the original 2001 5.7 EFI (260hp) converted to MPI (300hp).
Also installed stainless steel exhaust manifolds that gave me great middle range acceleration and mpg (http://www.hitekmarine.com.au/products.htm).
And these babies that solved lots of problems with out of the hole times and cruising speed.... (http://www.hillmarine.net/product-p/tpl4ds-hpr4cs.htm).

Burtonair01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice! I have the 5.7 EFI 320hp Volvo which is just not enough power (imho) for that heavy of a boat. My buddy has the same boat with the 454 320hp and loves it, he gets really good gas economy where is I suck the gas down like crazy. I also have the Volvo drives with the duo prop running F3's I think I need to go up to F4's. What outdrive do you have? My elevation where I boat mostly is 4500'.

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Elevation is probably your problem as mine with 300hp is doing great cruising at 32-34 mph at 3600 rpm and top 42 mph at 4800 rpm.
At 3600 i am burning 42 litters per hour.
I would love a bigger engine (I was ready to build a stroker 363 with cams and fuel injection) but the coast guard in Greece is very tough and we are not allowed to go over the manufacturer recommended hp as it is stated on that stupid CE certificate.......
I have a Bravo 3 with 2.20 ratio.
My boating is at sea.

P.S. before you buy props, check Hill marine Four by 4's too. You can find them on ebay too..... and they are good...........

Burtonair01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will check them out for sure. Will they work with the Volvo, and how would I know what pitch to get?

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeap they will.
E-mail Hill marine and let them know your current setup, performance and your altitude.
Then let them know what you are looking for (hole shot? top end? crusing?).
They will reply with their suggestions.

Mattv88

Recruit

1982 doral.jpg1982 doral 2.jpg1982 Doral, My grandad has owned it since new.

Won't be mine until next year, around august when he sells the cottage.