We need a new word.

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: We need a new word.

Motorphobia. Now EJ Lilly can invent a chemical cure, and charge consumers up the wazoo for it.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

here's another new one...mechanicaphobia: fear of being overcharged for unneccessary work!<br /><br />Can I qualify for social security disability if I get this horrible disease?

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Thought they were called "Mercury Owners"??

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

Neighbors on second Honda(burned up twice). I am still on my two same Mercury's. Maybe its called 'don't have a clue'.

Homerr

Commander

How about IBoataphobia?<br /><br />A person who is constantly lurking on Iboats forums looking for that fix...?<br /><br />And depending on your individual diagnosis... You could have a by-product of Iboataphobia such as Johnsonosis, or Mercury-madness, ... Etc...<br /><br /> :) <br /><br />H.

aspeck

Staff member

Originally posted by Frank Hanhart:<br /> A more positive approach? Tinkerphilia ?
See, you bring a lawyer into the picture and the next post is about lawsuits! And I ain't going to the images that Tinkerphilia congures up ...

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by CalicoKid:<br /> Thought they were called "Mercury Owners"??
This could be a catharthis for me.<br /><br />My name is dogsdad, and I am a Mercury owner. My motor has run fine for the last two seasons with minimal wrenching, but I am certain the motor has been blown up for at least four years, which is how long I have owned it.<br /><br />The guys who think their cars have something wrong with them are called "Ford owners". These guys are a bit better off than I am psychologically because my problems are all in my head.<br /><br /><br /> :D <br /><br /><br />-dd-

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

We just call them Customers at the car dealership!

Homerr

Commander

Uh oh....Here it comes... Ford VS, Chevy... :) <br /><br /><br />H.

one more cast

Captain

Homerr, I can fix the Ford vs Chevy thing. I own a 2002 silverado. 56000 miles and its been in the shop for an intake gasket leak, Tail gate cable recall, distributor recall, and now it has to go in for an oil pan gasket replacement. My last truck was a 1999 Ford ranger that I bought with 43000 miles on it. I swapped it in within the first year because of all the problems I had with it. My next truck may very well be a Toyota or Nissan.

D

DJ

"whacko". This disease can be directly correlated to the phase of the moon.