FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
HI I noticed some ticking /pinging sounds last time I flushed engine ,louder when turning ,I shot greese to the gimbel bearring while running and it almost made it go away.So I guess my gimbel bearring is bad. I looked at the gear lube container and noticed a little water at the bottom so I drained the outdrive it had white streaks in the lube , I gave it a vacum test it held 7hg about 4 minutes then 3hg for some time I then presure tested it ,its been at 15 psi for a 4+ hours and has not droped yet even while moving the prop and shifter.Its a gen II alpha about 5 years old. do you know how the water is getting in ? What should I do ?