Water in oil

Mnj1mxd

Cadet
I’m looking at a project motor and found a 2008 Suzuki 115 four stroke that runs but has lots of water in the oil. Two of the pistons has ruffly 180 psi but the other two barely break 80 psi. The asking price is 2000. Is this motor worth spending time and money or should I look for something else?

Mnj1mxd

Cadet
I’m looking at a project motor and found a 2008 Suzuki 115 four stroke that runs but has lots of water in the oil. Two of the pistons has ruffly 180 psi but the other two barely break 80 psi. The asking price is 2000. Is this motor worth spending time and money or should I look for something else?
I’m looking at a project motor and found a 2008 Suzuki 115 four stroke that runs but has lots of water in the oil crankcase. Two of the pistons has ruffly 180 psi but the other two barely break 80 psi. The asking price is 2000. Is this motor worth spending time and money or should I look for something else?

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Id pass on that all day long. If the head gasket blew or the head cracked which Im sure it did you stand the chance that the rings on the 2 bad cylinders might be shot. For 2k get you a running motor that doesnt need work.

Mnj1mxd

Cadet
Thanks for the advice.
My thought was to make this a winter project and rebuild the powerhead. I realize that the motor will need in the least rings.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Oh than if your gonna dump 2k in project Im all in. Thats alot of coin for a project. Im all about projects but Ive never dumped that kind of money on one. 200 bucks maybe but I tinker with the old stuff.