Water in bilge

BCPOLNO23

Cadet
1998 Edgewater 155 CC. Water in bilge up to about 3 qts or so during a half day on the water. Bilge pump dumps it about 3 times during the half day, about a qt at a time. Can't' figure out where it is coming from. Have a washdown & live well inlet, but it doesn't seem to be coming from there nor from any deck leaks. A leaky fitting couldn't put that much water in the bilge. I continue to investigate the source but am stumped currently. 4 years ago the trailer punched a hole in the hull but had that repaired immediately. Anyone have any insight into this or any Edgewater owners out there ever have similar issues ?

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Welcome to iboats!! The first thing I would try is to put the plug in with the boat on a trailer and fill the bilge with water. Not too much water, though. Then look around and see if you find any leaking outside of the boat. I am sure others on the forum will have more ideas.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
If your bilge pump is cycling you have WAY more than 3 quarts coming in... Also a leaky fitting could easily put that much water or far more in the boat.

Finding the leak is as simple as following the water... Get CLOSE to it with a good flashlight and a mirror... Follow the wet trail to the source.....

IE follow a wet gutter upstream and eventually you find the open fire hydrant.

BCPOLNO23

Cadet
I'll do some investigating tomorrow...roll it out in driveway and put some water in bilge. Can't get to water tomorrow. Thanks and I'll keep y'all updated on findings.

BCPOLNO23

Cadet
Found a bad clamp below deck at live well drain fitting. Substantial leak. Replaced clamp & all seems well. Will look again next time out. We don't use live well but use it as a cooler. Always full of ice.

BCPOLNO23

Cadet
Water still in bilge. Not as much, but still too much. Couldn't investigate much with children & grandchildren, knee boards, etc., & such. Going to try & get it out with just a friend this week to look further.