Warning buzzer

Tenrings

Recruit
The other weekend our Yamaha 60 HP on our jon boat alarmed. I ensured water was coming out of the pee hole from back of motor, and the oil/gas mixture was good at 50:1. We let the motor sit for about 5 mins. and cranked the motor and no noise.....it did it again so we made it the landing and came home. The gas line is not crimped , and no prior work on boat was done. Crank battery was charged 2 weeks ago. This is the 1st. time this has happened.......what to do/check please. Thanks in advance.

Tenrings

Recruit
water pump and stat would be what I would look at
Forgot to mention.....I put in new water pump last year........Like you suggest, the stat is the next check. Just gotta find it. Thank you for your comments 99yam40.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Is this a C60 or is it oil injected?
always good to post complete motor info, so everyone knows what motor you are talking about

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
Are there two oil tanks one sub tank in the bilge and one main under the cowling? If so if the main tank full? How warm is the water coming from the pisser? Should be the same as the source? Check the thermostats. Remove the cap to the oil tank in the sub tank and make sure the float moves up and down freely. When the alarm sounded did the motor go into limp mode? Are you able to run the motor at home with either muffs or motor in a tank filled to the proper level?

Tenrings

Recruit
Are there two oil tanks one sub tank in the bilge and one main under the cowling? If so if the main tank full? How warm is the water coming from the pisser? Should be the same as the source? Check the thermostats. Remove the cap to the oil tank in the sub tank and make sure the float moves up and down freely. When the alarm sounded did the motor go into limp mode? Are you able to run the motor at home with either muffs or motor in a tank filled to the proper level?
No oil tanks, I mix oil with gas (Yamaha C60). We went slow to the landing, so not sure if it was in limp mode or not. Have not used boot at home. Once it alarms, we shut off motor, For about 5mins. or so, we can turn the key to on position but not crank the motor and it still will buzz. After approx. 10 mins. the buzzer stops.....then we went slow for about 5-10 mins. and the buzzer came back on. Then we loaded and came home....was getting late.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Its a C60TLRY.....50:1mix.
As far as I know the only thing that will set the alarm off is over temp on that motor .
pull and test stat for proper operation and look inside the passage behind the stat to see what it looks like.
My brothers C60 tends to set off the alarm when running WOT.
when we pull the stat there is debris plugging it up.
debris looks like corrosion breaking loose from the cooling passages

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
OP says he has a C60. Oil injection not used on that model. No oil tanks. Premix.