war......we are in it together

wayne smelser

Seaman Apprentice
reading some of the other topics it angers me to hear someone try to justify what happened on 9-11. The way I feel is this wasn't an attack on americans, it was an attack on human race!! Just how many nationalaties were killed that day? Anyone who can sit there and say I wouldn"t risk my life for this cause is just coward!!! Anybody who can do something like this should be hunted down, besides what kind of sentence so you give a man for 3000 murders? I can only think of one, lock and load!!!!!! Who wants to use tax dollars to feed and house this loon. I would much rather pay for the ammo.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: war......we are in it together

Since the United States has become the United States, this has never happened to us.<br />It dwarfs anything the citizenry has experianced. It goes without saying, that the country is firm in it's resolve behind the President. It is frightening. It's 1:30AM Sunday, and I cannot sleep. We all know the potential,yet we stand united to retaliate.That's also never happened before to such a degree,not even after 12/7/41.<br />We are a peacfull nation, shocked into a war we can not afford to loose. Of course there will be some strange people waving peace signs and bangin on tamberines, but there isn't enough space in the nut house for them,so if we pay them no mind, they will go away,or change signs to "save the spotted whale" or something.<br />I am 49 years old,served 4years in the Navy, and thought this generation of kids growing up were destined to be drug addicts and car thieves. The rap music, the pants that would better fit me, the cars that bottom-out on manhole covers....But I severly missjudged them. And I personally feel that the Islam looney bin ALSO misjudged them. The 12th,I had to drive by the armed services recruiting offices in town. I was moved to see a line of young men OUT the doors,dressed in thier loose pants and bolts in thier noses. God bless them.<br />JWS, there IS no justification to pure evil.<br />And pure evil is in the process of finding this out. Anyone who sides with satan (alias,Mohamed),is to be considered the enimy both here and abroad. They have to this point, failed in complete dissarming of Americans. And trust me, this scares most rogue nations shatless! Nobody knows who amoung us is packin heat. But those with concealed permits are surely packing it now.<br />We are one angry nation,with many global friends who are also angry. This is because(like you said) "there is no justification". So when we see them trying to,they are kooks to be laughed at in public.

saltwateranglin

Seaman Apprentice

It seems to me that these limited number of "anti-Americans" that are protesting do need watching and subdued. They may be small in number but the media tends to give them large exposure creating a larger than life image. They may not have a large effect now on the public during the early stages of this war, but over a sustained period of time their steady drum beat seems to catch on as the public becomes weary of the war. This seems evident when you look back at the 60's protesters and the effect they eventually had on our efforts. Perhaps the nature of this war on our own soil will prove different but we should do anything we can early to squelch these traitors before they can get a foot hold and dampen the war effort. The media needs to quit focusing on them and more on stengthening the general public. Now that media organizations have become direct targets, maybe they will.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Saltwater, I agree with you that perhaps things will go differently than the Vietnam-era protesters. That was a war totallty different. I also agree that they bear watching,shouting-down and verbally knocked-into reality. It can be done. Just like when A group of P.E.T.A. freaks showed-up at a popular fishin bridge, we MOONED them,and rolled around on the ground laughing at them. They left in tears. And we were in tears too,we laughed so hard.<br />Nobody can hold-up to the well-placed and timed moon shot! Just be sure it is executed upwind of the cameras and police.<br /><br /> :D

saltwateranglin

Seaman Apprentice

12 Footer....you have me rollin' just thinkin' about it! Peta has been under my skin for years. Love hearing it whenever someone gets back at those losers.<br /><br />There was a report last night on one of the news channels of a middle eastern looking man trying to put white powder in the duct of an air flight last night. It was only reported one or two times and suddenly pulled off news coverage. I have watched all morning and can't find another trace of the incident. Anyone know why they suppressed it? :confused:

Backlash

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Salt,<br />Could be the news folks found out it was a bogus report. There've been quite a few of them of late. These "news bubbas" are trying so hard to be first with the latest that they tend not to check out the stories very thoroughly before broadcasting. At least I HOPE that's what happened. :confused: <br />Backlash

saltwateranglin

Seaman Apprentice

Backlash...you might be right about that. When I heard that report last night it sure sounded like they might have had a great lead to follow on these mailings. Got to thinking the FBI tried to shut down the story to avoid alerting the Taliban he was caught but then I couldn't picture the media honoring their request. Maybe it was just a bad story.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Fox news reported this morning that the airpane incident turned-out to be confetti.<br />However, he is in custody, and the confetti is being examined. But everything points to a hoax as of now.

saltwateranglin

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks...I heard that but I thought it was another incident they were talking about last night. Geez...gotta keep notes now on this. Gettin' a little confusing!

zorro1

Seaman

To JWS <br /> Thankyou for the first line of your say. To be as insensitive as to call this an american tragedy is unacceptable. I wholly applaude your comment and consider your approach as an ambassador. Please read the next forum from the top as though you are an Englishman who has lost many in war. I hope you do not find me too offensive but to read such insensitivity when having faught and lost upon being an historian, the comments give you a feeling someone is flying your flag in there own coulors. When in fact an internationaly recognised flag would have been the order of the day!<br />Thankyou again for your sensetivity. :(