Walmart

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Walmart

Sorry, but in my experience, the American Consumer gets what he asks for. And right now they want cheaper priced goods... <br /><br />They want quality, but normally quality and price is related. At the time of purchasing, price usually trumps quality issues all other things being equal. Quality only becomes an issue... when it's an issue. The old cliche... you get what you pay for generally holds true.<br /><br />So rant about China and Walmart all you want... I have yet to walk into a Walmart that lacked customers, and their sales and stock values are as high as they have ever been. And that my friends is only because the American people are getting what they want, and Walmart is only too happy to fulfill their desires.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

yea,the time is coming when Ford and GM autos will be imported from China :mad:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Last night, I made the little "press my hand to make me sing" dolls on one display all go off.<br /><br />It gave me a headache!!! <br /><br />The two year old loved it. She chimed in later with a crying fit, keeping the tradition of me hearing a crying baby (either my own, or someone elses) everytime I go to Wallyworld<br /><br />Ken

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Wasn't Sam Walton's original concept that WalMart would only sell American goods? Seems that back in the dim recesses of my feeble mind that thought lingers.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

BTW, I like #9 from first post. <br /><br />Regarding the imported product at Walmart, or other retailers for the matter, IMO depth and breadth of items is a benny. An example is the resin garden and lawn trolls and the like that my wife has put outside. Not a US manufacturer that will make this sort of stuff due to low profit margin. Same for lots of cool gadgets and the like we all use daily now. <br /><br />Anyhow, wifeypoo just called and asked me to pick up some stuff at Wmart on way home.

NYMINUTE

Captain

The cashiers in Indiana must be screened through UR UGLY Associates. There is better looking road kill here. Recently I saw one that had to weigh in a 300#. As if that wasn't bad enough she had green hair, I'm talking Scotts Turf Builder. Evidently she thought the hair would distract lookers from the cement mixer she hauling around. I'll bet the Hostess aisle took a beating when she shops.

KaGee

Admiral

What did you expect...Victoria's Secret models?<br /> :D

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> It gave me a headache!!!
Here Ken...Have one of these<br /><br />
013159.jpg

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />
Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> It gave me a headache!!!
Here Ken...Have one of these<br /><br />
013159.jpg
I will take 2, thanks. Got a headache putting bags over the cashiers heads. Can't see inside the blue. Now I know why the Muslims cover the womens faces. Yuch? :D