walmart trailer tires

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: walmart trailer tires

Besides truck stops and scrap yards, commercial moving companies and feed mills have drive on scales.

tilen

Cadet

is eight months a reasonable time frame to have my boat set on the tires?

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer

is eight months a reasonable time frame to have my boat set on the tires?
Yes.
Blocking the trailer up and removing the tires, then storing the new tires in a cool dry place (basement) is always a good idea.
UV rays dry-rot the tires in a hurry, no tires on the trailer makes the boat thief look for another boat, the suspension thanks you too.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

My old boat stayed on the trailer all year. I towed that one. The one I have now is slip kept. And as stated above flat spots last a mile or two after you run a bit. About the only special thing I do is over the winter I do set the tires on wood, mostly to keep them from sinking in the ground. Here in my climate I get about 4 to 5 years out of a set, and dry rot normally gets them I don think I have ever wore out a set.

Last edited:

Expidia

Commander

I've mentioned this in another thread about Carlisle tires. They have two lines. One is called Carlisle USA. The other which is where most trailer tires are made now is China.
Tires are not the place to skimp. Do you really want blowouts while pulling a 4000 lb boat (or any boat)?
I recently purchased the Carlisle USA from the local tire shop I go to. They mounted them on my current rims for around $120 for two tires on my 12 inch size rims.
Over the past 5 seasons I have gone through way to many tires for my rig, but a few were due to an axle I bent catches a rock at a launch area and didn't know I bent it until I balded two sets of tires. One set went in one 2.5 hr drive to a lake and the other set on the way back :(
So spring for a name brand well made tire and have your axles checked for straightness at an auto body repair shop.

Last edited:

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

The last set I got are the Kendra Load stars and their going on year 3 and so far no problems, but I may put 1000 miles on them a year