Wake boat fuel supply issues

vroom ZOOM

Chief Petty Officer
Hi everyone

This thing is driving me nuts. its a 2015 gekko revo. The pump is sucking air in somewhere. I put a clear chunk of line from the tank pickup with a gauge and it pulled about 5 inches of vacuum and it looked like a bunch of air was coming in as well. I unscrewed the pickup from the tank and once it unthreaded it just shot out of the tank by the spring inside the pickup tube. I tried to pull the rest of the flexible pickup out but it seems like it is secured to something inside the tank very rigidly. I said to hell with it and stuffed the bit sticking out into the tank and tried to put in a new rigid pickup tube. The thing is, the new one wont go to the bottom of the tank. It goes in by 3-4 inches and then feels like it gets deflected sideways by some object inside the tank. If I push a little harder I can get it to go all the way in though. Anyways, I pushed in the pickup all the way and its still sucking air. The fuel tank is FULL of fuel, the fuel almost comes out of the hole where the pickup threads in. There is something funky going on inside the tank and I could use some explanation as to how the tank is made.

Also worth mentioning that the tank has a ton of fittings going to it, it has the one pickup line, a return line from the regulator, two fill lines, three or four vent lines, and two big bungs (probably 1 1/2 pipe thread) with a hose barb on each one and a fuel line simply connecting the two. I think this thing has some sort of fancy fuel pickup system that is acting up. Need insight on this.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,...... I've done alota boat fuel tanks, 'n have never run acrost anything as convoluted as you explain,.....

vroom ZOOM

Chief Petty Officer
Ayuh,...... I've done alota boat fuel tanks, 'n have never run acrost anything as convoluted as you explain,.....
After some googling I figured out what the big fitting is, apparently its a tank vent valve (TVV).
1727222746098.png

Also found this little diagram online and the setup I am dealing with might be sort of similar with the addition of two more vent lines and a return line from the engine.
1727222886468.png

I think the two mystery bungs might both be tank vent valves, and they are just joined together because they are not used on this particular boat. However, the pickup system and baffle system is still a mystery to be solved.