VP factory fresh water cooling, half or full system

Woops

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 15, 2014
Messages
11
Hi guys,

Long time reader first time poster.

My wife has put down a purchase order on a Chris Craft 20' Launch with a 5.0L 270hp V/P. :facepalm:
Yesterday she asked me whether it would be a good idea if the order were to include factory fresh water cooling as we boat exclusively in salt water. I contacted our dealer and asked if it could be included in the order to which he said yes. I then asked him if the V/P factory fwc was a half system or a full system to which he replied he thought it was a half system. I have it in my mind though that it is a full system. Can anyone enlighten me as to the correct answer?

Cheers.
 

JustJason

Vice Admiral
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
5,387
Re: VP factory fresh water cooling, half or full system

Half system.
 

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Dec 20, 2012
Messages
1,752
Re: VP factory fresh water cooling, half or full system

Is it really worth the investment if it's only a half system?
 

bruceb58

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
30,824
Re: VP factory fresh water cooling, half or full system

I would do it still. Engine runs way more efficient at the warmer temps.
 

Woops

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 15, 2014
Messages
11
Re: VP factory fresh water cooling, half or full system

Hi guys,

Back again to annoy you, sorry.

Further to my original post we've ordered the Ocean X package for the boat. The flyer from V/P regarding the package states that it fresh water cools the block, heads and exhaust manifolds. Is this a full system from my understanding? Sorry if I didn't make my first post clear enough.

Cheers.
 
Top