Vote on the biggest wars on iboats

f_inscreenname

Commander
There is one going now (I should say “continuing”) on the I/O board. Its the old trim tab question. Its hydraulic trim tabs vs Smart Tabs again with many post on both sides and things are on the verge of eruption. Which got me thinking. What is the worst question on iboats? Bayliner’s quality? The oil wars? E-bay? Rep vs Dem? Auto parts? Am I missing any? I am sure I am. Don't get miffed here. It is time to laugh at some of this stuff. So what question just makes you shake you head and say not this again? <br />I do know one thing I will never answer a Bayliner opinion question again. :eek:

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Vote on the biggest wars on iboats

I don't know...but anything to do with guns goes ballistic around here :eek: ...or should I have said "the G word"... :D (I'm keeping my head down now ;) )

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I think rep/dem and religion, as well as gay brought the really nasty side of some out, I can't think of any wars worse than those three.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Without a doubt the Lubedude vs Forktail war. There were several.<br /><br />Ken

Homerr

Commander

Politics has to be right up on top I'd guess, then guns.<br /><br />Religion and sexual orientation as well get a heat wave going fast.<br /><br />H.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Downunder we often have the advantage of seeing 'poofs' before they are 'poofed' (its a time thing - JB's asleep ;) ).<br /><br />Some of the oil related posts win hands down.<br /><br />Aldo

brother chris

Commander

I'd have to say politics, guns and religon.<br />Those are the worst topics for a question in a sane forum. <br />Also, poofing is at an all time level. :D <br />Say what is on your mind, but writer beware. :rolleyes:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Old thread from many moons ago... Think the title was "Guns & Boats"... I believe it went bye-bye long ago?...<br /><br />Others that deserve mentioning had to do with folks criticizing Sloopys grammatical errors (now much better :) )... <as snapper wonders what ever became of Olfishingfart, Moose, and Naughtybynature?>

Dunaruna

Admiral

Just remembered another one, the one that said goodbye to wierd walt (or was it diesel walt?). Non marine parts versus marine parts.<br /><br />Aldo

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

"Iraq" - used to go off like a keg of gunpowder...but not so much these days :rolleyes:

Triton II

Commander

Dunno for sure... religion and bigotry would have to be the most recent top creator of website mayhem. However, they're all fun to read and occasionally contribute to... apart from guns that is... did that sh!t for a living and I avoid at 'em at all costs now! Catch anything last weekend Aldo?<br /><br />Mark.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Politics, religion, sexual orientation, oil and a couple I just don't understand. . . .guns and trim tabs vs. smart tabs vs. hydrofoils.<br /><br />Most of the time it is dearly held opinion/belief vs. dearly held opinion/belief.<br /><br />When it gets real bad it is ego vs. ego and has little to do with the topic.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> Old thread from many moons ago... Think the title was "Guns & Boats"... I believe it went bye-bye long ago?...
Oooooo I remember that one. U G L Y!

NOSLEEP

Commander

Hey dont change the subject.<br />A little spice is good for everybody. Keeps the<br />mind open and the gears turning and lubed.<br />Everybody has an opinion, and so they should.<br />This forum would be dull and languid if everyone<br />thought the same.Sooooo dont be offended if your<br />dandruff starts falling. Stir the pot and shake<br />the bushes. Everything will be fine. :p

Homerr

Commander

SBN...stirs the pot....<br /><br />
image.php
<br /><br />I forgot all about the red truck until you mentioned it...! :eek: <br /><br /> :) :) <br /><br /><br />H.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

" What is the worst question on iboats? "<br /><br /><br />WHAT prop is supposed to be on my boat?<br /><br />Ofcourse this is followed by, I don't know what size the current prop is; and I don't have a tach.<br /><br />As for the usual hot button "issue" topics, who gives a dump about most of them?<br /><br />So has anyone heard from "At a Scary Yaw"?