Volvo Prop Pitch

MRKG

Cadet
Tuning my new/used boat. 2005 Larson Senza 206. Engine upgraded to 5.7L. The current 3 blade aluminum prop has a 0145 stamp on it. Does anyone know what size and pitch this prop is?? Also any recommendations would help. 4 blade maybe. Still fine tuning the boat! Thanks

insttech1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Volvo Prop Pitch

You'll probably get more responses if you post this in the prop forum, and post your intentions...i.e. hole shot or top end speed, price point (stainless or aluminum), etc....

Personally, I have a much smaller engine, and I don't go for top end speed, but I love the 4 blade alum' vs my old 3 blade alum' for getting two kids up on the tube and just getting on plane in general. It just pops up right now. I got a Turning Point from Michigan Motorz.

But they sell props here on iboats as well!:) They just didn't have the one I needed...

MRKG

Cadet

Thanks. Not looking for crazy speed. Pretty much what you do with your family/kids. Going to give a 4-blade SS a try. Boats overpowered in my opinion. Last owner prob cracked the block by not properly winterizing (Tahoe), and put the 5.7 in. He was a snake and not very truthful. Very nice rig though.

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

Figured out the 14.5 pitch part. To small??

This is HIGHLY unlikely. It might be 14.5" diameter, but diameter is a relatively meaningless number and is definitely not pitch. Also I'm not aware of any prop mfrs that use decimals in their pitch figures.

I will suspect you have something like a 21 or 23 pitch with that much HP on a 20 footer. But without any RPM or speed or gear ratio data, I'm totally guessing.

Have you taken the prop off the boat yet? You'll probably find the actual pitch stamped underneath the mounting nut/washer if you take them off.

Last edited:

MRKG

Cadet

My mistake on the pitch. I have only ran the boat for 3 days. And those were with a bent prop shaft. Fixed problem and had lower end checked out. Gears good. I'm going to run it next week to get some better stats. Might have to deal with carb adjustment issues due to prior owner from Tahoe. Trying to come up with a good prop for 20.5 boat with a 23 dead rise (approx 3500 lbs). Thanks for input.