Volvo Penta 5.0 Gi Beeping every 3 seconds

BulletGenius

Cadet
I have sloothed forms for a while now and have found two possible reasons for the alarm: low oil pressure and high water temp according to the manual. It dosen't tell me what alarm is which though. The guage appears to function properly but, the 120db alarm keeps going off every 3 seconds. I just chamged the oil (20w-50) and replaced the fuel and oil filters (with OEM filters). Engine sounds fine. Every time I turn the key this happens
Video attached: - two tones of alarm with oil light on.
- starts and alarm continues beeping

With the key on the lower smaller oil pressure sensor reads 515 Ω
Top one 2" bell looking one reads 206 Ω
Any ideas or recomendations are helpful. Thank you in advance!

dubs283

Vice Admiral
VDO cluster

Only way to verify oil pressure and engine coolant temp is with a mechanical guage for the oil pressure and at least an ir temp gun for ect

If no running issues/operation is fine I'd suspect the veracity of the instrument assembly

BulletGenius

Cadet
So to clarify, All alarms are coming from the engine bay. Would the VDO be sending a signal back to engine to sound the alarm? If so where would you order such VDO cluster? Or find out what is wrong with it? If microsoldering is required, it is no issue.

I can check out the motor with thermal and see what it gets to, but it is weird the alarm goes on right away. Also I have heard in an older fourm the smaller sensor is pretty sensitive to getting grime in it. Where can I find the part number/where to get a new one of those?

Apart from all of those, could i get pointed to a transum indicator.... repair manual? At this point I need a maintinence manual.

dubs283

Vice Admiral
Gonna guess your boat is glastron/larson. Most likely genmar

The guage cluster/instrumentation is specific. VDO quit supporting those clusters over 15 years ago

As far as alarms go you need esoteric troubleshooting, far beyond explanation here. You need expert eyes on your setup

BulletGenius

Cadet
Gonna guess your boat is glastron/larson. Most likely genmar

The guage cluster/instrumentation is specific. VDO quit supporting those clusters over 15 years ago

As far as alarms go you need esoteric troubleshooting, far beyond explanation here. You need expert eyes on your setup
It is a Four Winns Funship (lol) 234. I will need to find out.

Update: Read a golden nugget of an piece Here:

It looks like tomorrow I will be making my own minimal DTC Reader, this is pretty exciting!