Volvo DP-SM U-joint cross reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonshn

Cadet
Was wondering if anyone knows of the equivalent Spicer u-joints for a VP DP-SM drive?

From what I understand Volvo does not sell just the joints anymore, but makes you buy the whole shaft.

After driving a Jeep Wrangler with 7" of suspension lift with a ~1' long rear driveshaft I am very used to pressing in new joints and was hoping I could pick some up at Napa for a lot less $$$ than the new shaft.

This is on a '99 and has the c-clips on the inside of the yoke.

Thanks,
Alan

moonshn

Cadet
Re: Volvo DP-SM U-joint cross reference

Are these the same as the precision 344's used in the Merc drives?

moonshn

Cadet

Update: The Precision 344's have the c-clip on the outisde of the yoke.

The great guy at my local NAPA broke out the micrometers and came up with NAPA part number P317 that should fit:

Got them installed and greased with no problems. Cranked her up on the muffs and cut the wheel lock to lock with no vibrations. Will report back after a sea test.

-Alan

p.s. $25 for the pair of them :D

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... Alittle late now, but that Info is available up in the Adults Only section of this forum...

moonshn

Cadet

I saw the post there regarding the Merc u-joints but none for the Volvo's.

Then I found this thread about the Volvo joints with the c-clips outside the yoke, but mine were different.

-Alan

Ayuh,... Alittle late now, but that Info is available up in the Adults Only section of this forum...
I am looking for u joints for my dp-sm outdrive. I got the napa ones that were recommended, in the post above, however they do not fit. My u joints have the retainers on the outside, and the ones from napa have the inner clips, and the total cross length is too great. Does anyone have the correct napa part # for my u joints? Also, how can i access the adult only section?

Status
Not open for further replies.