FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am trying to order a new prop for my Volvo AQ270, and I am trying to determine the difference between the long hub and short hub. Any help would be appreciated.
Also, it is a 14 X 17 prop, and I have seen a few post where people are going to a 15". Can this be done? and if it is possible is there an advantage? And to add to my information gathering, has anyone gone to a 4 blade? Since my understanding is that you get more torque, but give up top end speed that would be fine. I am mainly going to use the boat to pull skiers and tubes, wouldn't that be an advantage? Would I have to change pitch size going to 4 blades?