Vip restoration

vipvindicator

Recruit
Here are the pic?s of my new project. Would you believe that this motor is new with 60hr on it and has sat in someone?s back yard for 8 years I have the paper work on the new motor that was installed back in the day. The entire pulleys and brackets need to be sanded and painted including the exhaust manifolds, starter and alternator. She needs allot elbow grease to get the jell coat back. That is it for now until next Time

Attachments

• DSC00574.jpg
    DSC00574.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00573.jpg
    DSC00573.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00563.jpg
    DSC00563.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00562.jpg
    DSC00562.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00567.jpg
    DSC00567.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 0
Re: Vip restoration

man this looks just like my before pics. i belive its the same 1989 25 anny came with ss prop red gel 302ho cobra outdrive. keep going its a fun boat and a head turner and will get up and go. i think i had to do something to every inch of mine except under the bow looked like new under there. keep the pics comming and keep in touch ive looked and you are the first one ive seen with the same boat.im the second owner of mine had it for 4 years now and the same thing watch it sit and rot for years till i finally convinced the guy he was not going to fix it. i see you are from va im in chester va.

Dzrtcj7

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Wow, it's crazy how similar my boat looked to yours when I started! I wish I had taken more before pictures. Have fun with the restoration! Feel free to PM me anytime if you have any questions. Its great to see another 25th anny getting saved.

I posted pictures in my resto thread of the start of my new interior, you should check them out!

vipvindicator

Recruit

Nice to know that someone is reading. I have some more pics with motor cleaned and all upholstery out of the boat. You see my time is limited that is why I haven't been able to post but this is as far as I have been able to do.

Attachments

• DSC00595.jpg
    DSC00595.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 0

Dzrtcj7

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The motor is looking great all cleaned up! I understand about time being limited. Warm weather coming has seriously increased my motivation level.

Keep us posted on your progress. I think we have 4 25th Anny VIP's on the site now.

bamjoop

Cadet

I've got one of them!
boat2.jpg

vipvindicator

Recruit

I love what you guys are doing with your projects and thanks for the pics. I am sure all this pics will give us a chance for more improvements and a nicer boat. My VIP was very neglected it looks like it was left in salt water and have some soft spots on the floor and some of the chrome pieces to be replaced including a large vend hole and a bunch of screw holes on the dash that have to be covered because it will be hard to match color and fiberglass unless you are going to pain the hole boat. Any way will have some more pics of this holes being covered by a diamond aluminum plate soon

vipvindicator

Recruit

I love what you guys are doing with your projects and thanks for the pics. I am sure all this pics will give us a chance for more improvements and a nicer boat. My VIP was very neglected it looks like it was left in salt water and have some soft spots on the floor and some of the chrome pieces to be replaced including a large vend hole and a bunch of screw holes on the dash that have to be covered because it will be hard to match color and fiberglass unless you are going to pain the hole boat. Any way will have some more pics of this holes being covered by a diamond aluminum plate soon

bamjoop

Cadet

Cool. I can't wait to see what you are doing with yours.

Timc58

Recruit

Hi, new to this site, i saw the pictures of your anniversary vindictaters, and loved the look of those boats.so i went on a search for one, and found this one right in my neighborhood. i spoke with the owner for just a minute, he said it has been sitting there for about 6 years, and ran great when he parked it there in his yard.i haven't been able to catch him home to take a really good look at it since i spoke to him that frist time. i know the interior will have to be completely redone, and alot of sanding to get it to shine again. motor work? soft spots in floor? i do not believe this is an anniversary edition, but love the look and even the color yellow.not even sure what year it is, or motor size. just trying to figure out a starting price to offer him. hopefully if things go right, this boat will be in my driveway very soon. any info on pricing would be a great help. ThanksView attachment 113889View attachment 113890View attachment 113891View attachment 113892View attachment 113893