Vessel view or gauge

T/O

Seaman Apprentice
I bought a new 20' suntracker last year with a Mercury 90hp 4 stroke, my old boat was a inboard outboard bow rider. The new boat only has a RPM gauge and trim. Would like to have water temp and oil pressure, does anyone know if the vessel view would give me that or should I look into adding guages? Never had an outboard before and not sure if there not needed or more than likely this is what I get with a low-end pontoon.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Water pressure gauge is better than water temp for health of cooling system

MRS

Commander
We bought the same pontoon you got no need for the extra gauges just keep your maintenance up on the motor and you will be good. Plus you will love the outboard motor change impeller every two years we love ours.

Reactions: T/O

T/O

Seaman Apprentice
I see in the info it talks about using your phone, does anyone use a tablet?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I see in the info it talks about using your phone, does anyone use a tablet?
take your tablet outside on the brightest day. can you read your tablet in direct sun light? how long until the tablet shuts down due to heat?

T/O

Seaman Apprentice
take your tablet outside on the brightest day. can you read your tablet in direct sun light? how long until the tablet shuts down due to heat?
I already have the tablet and use it on my RZR for maps while out trail riding.
I can see it just fine and have more shade on my pontoon then the RZR and I can guarantee you it gets a lot hotter in the RZR then it will ever get on the boat and have not had any problems with it for the last 2 year's

Alumarine

Captain
You can download the app and test it on your tablet.
If it's android it's on Google Play as VesselView Mobile.
I assume it's available for apple stuff as well.

T/O

Seaman Apprentice
You can download the app and test it on your tablet.
If it's android it's on Google Play as VesselView Mobile.
I assume it's available for apple stuff as well.
I haven't bought the vessel view yet but I did download it on my tablet and phone just haven't tried it for real yet

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
After running boats for 54 years with a multitude of gauges. I switched to Vesselview on my cellphone in my current 2 boats and I couldn't be happier. It has everything you need to know.

I bought a Ram mount for the phone and installed it on my dash. All the data is in clear view. I can;'t imagine using a tablet because its too cumbersome.

T/O

Seaman Apprentice
After running boats for 54 years with a multitude of gauges. I switched to Vesselview on my cellphone in my current 2 boats and I couldn't be happier. It has everything you need to know.

I bought a Ram mount for the phone and installed it on my dash. All the data is in clear view. I can;'t imagine using a tablet because its too cumbersome.
Glad to hear from someone who uses it and likes it.
I have a area in the center of the console right behind the steering wheel that has a little cubby that I don't use so it'll go over that, and if it doesn't work out I can use my phone but like the 10" screen on the tablet, I used to be able to see well but not so good anymore.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Glad to hear from someone who uses it and likes it.
The first time out with the system I unknowingly hit a plastic bag and it wrapped around the lower unit, cutting off the water supply. Vesselview alerted me to the problem before the overheat buzzer sounded.

That night when we got home i ordered another Vesselview for my other boat....

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I can confirm that you can get this function on the vessel view mobile. It’s an amazing thing. I’ve got one for my mpi v8 mercruiser and would also have one for my mercury 115 outboard, if it didn’t have the smart craft gauges already. Can’t recommend it enough if you don’t want to shell out for the sc1000 gauges. The fuel data is excellent too.