Vaseline and White Boats ?

rjwoodrome

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Vaseline and White Boats ?

I have to remember that trick, when I sell my old lawn mower. I can then say "clean one owner, only used on Sundays":rolleyes:

blairjbyrd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have to remember that trick, when I sell my old lawn mower. I can then say "clean one owner, only used on Sundays":rolleyes:

you could add only taken out on nice, sunny sundays.:)

I most live under a rock, I have never heard of using vasoline instead of wax.:confused:

jeffnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer

pop_2_1_1_1_1.jpg

Goes on like Vasoline but lasts longer.

skargo

Banned

One question to all that are saying it's no good, or wax lasts longer, have you actually TRIED it?

GXL205 Deke

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wax on the boat.

I save the vaseline for my trips to West Marine and the mechanic...
No doubt I think I will save the vaseline for those trips as well as the dry storage guy.

marine4003

Lieutenant Junior Grade

LOL, I have my cell phone set to alert me to Vaseline threads, and a double alert sounds when you post :D

Have a great weekend!

beep..beep beep.. beep beep...beep wax rules...beep ..beep

You too Amigo.

PitchFork

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used Vaseline last spring, and my hull still looks like a mirror. It removed oxidation and never came back, on the blue, and the white parts of the hull.
I see no need to throw money away when this works fine. ;)

I second that! I tried different waxes and rubbing componds the first two seasons I had my first and only boat. I just couldn't get the alittle oxidation off the red sticker part of the part and vasoline on for an hour in the sun brightened up the red sticker and black rubrail to great shine. My hull looks great for being a '94 most people wouldn't guess that my boat is 16 years old.