V Bush Ratings V

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer
Just curious?<br />Last night on Hardball they said if an election were held now, Bush would lose by 9% to Kerry. This, according to a recent survey. CNN came up with similar figures.<br />Whats your take?

18rabbit

Captain
Re: V Bush Ratings V

In one of the primaries (Texas?) Bush got 90% of the vote, some unknown T-shirt printer snagged 10%. I am hearing that conservatives are really unhappy with Bush’s idea of legalizing the status of some illegal aliens.<br /><br />I my opinion, Bush is not worthy of a second term and the Democrats aren’t offering a viable candidate. This ground hog is going back into his hole…I’ll check the political weather again later.<br /><br />TOAD - stop watching CNN. Check out www.WorldNetDaily.com

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Kerry has been campaigning and Bush hasn't.<br /><br />If Kerry got less than 70% in the poll he will lose.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Last I heard there was a potential wildcard brewing out there. Unless I missed an announcement to the contrary, Ralph Nader was studying whether to run again.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

In the 88 election, during the primary season, Dukakis was ahead in the polls. Lots of press about Democratic candidates now.<br /><br />Doesn't bother me, and I will support the President in November.

SoulWinner

Commander

I think at this juncture, Hillary is proly THE most ELECTIBLE person in the country. If she is tapped by the primary winner to run as VP on his ticket, Bush is in for a real tough fight. If she were asked by the DNC to run based on poor polls for the current batch of the current dems running, she would sweep the whole shooting match. I don't like it, not one bit, but that is how think things stand right now. If she sits tight now, she WILL run in '08, then God save us all :eek:

SinisterAngel

Seaman Apprentice

If Hillary get's elected as a president, I'm going to start hoarding firearms. Plain and simple.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I'm thinkin bush and Condy Rice as VP. THat would blow Billary away.

11 footer

Lieutenant

Kerry have spend every day for weeks campaigning, of corse he some people like him, he will loose.<br /><br />I sure hope Bush wins.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Right now all these opinion polls are mainly there to sell advertizement on tv.They do show what gut feeling America has right now.It is only after the conventions that the battle lines will be drawn.<br />About Nader.Yes this -erk will probably run, not because he can win but because he seems to have a masochist streak in him and because he can get his hands on all the subsidies you get when you run an election campaign.Whoever votes for him is a closet republican hiding behind a green vote.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

ahhhhhhhh........I Like Bush.......... :p

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

All the cadidates I have seen are less than appealing. They are the best of the least. Someone posted something along the lines of "How in a country of 280 million we ended up with a father/son being elected president."<br /><br />Good question. It is no longer what is good for the country it's what's good for the party and their supporters.<br /><br />TV has destroyed the process as it has become a beauty contest, revolving around who has the best look/sound bite and not the best program for the county.<br /><br />I predict Bush will win. I think he is the best of the least of the least.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by TPD211:<br />My vote is for Ross Perot..... :eek:
You know TPD that's a little funny.<br />Ross Perot messed up when he was going to run and backed out cause I think he would have won.<br /><br />He was sure making a lot of people nervous over it.

crab bait

Captain

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br />I think at this juncture, Hillary is proly THE most ELECTIBLE person in the country. If she is tapped by the primary winner to run as VP on his ticket.
ah, SW.. DEFINE TAPPED... ;)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

If hillary were chosen to be Kerry's VP, I don't know what to do.. Sure can't vote for bush.... Might just have to campaign for myself I guess..<br /><br />I hope to see a Kerry-Edwards ticket, or vice-verse.. <br /><br />Who else is out there? Lieberman, nahhhh, too wishey-washey... <br /><br />Really wish Bob Graham could have made it.. Guess cause Graham's a real stand up guy, he just had no chance running against the crooks.. :(

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by roscoe:<br />I'm thinkin bush and Condy Rice as VP. THat would blow Billary away.
That sounds good to me Roscoe, but I don't know. Every time a black person slips out from the bonds of left's 'New Slavery' they are visciously attacked and branded an uncle tom.<br />They become so vilified that you'd think they are not even considered to be part of the human race let alone the 'American Race'.<br /><br />On one hand it would be comical to see the left lash out if Rice became a candidate. On the other hand it would be a crying shame.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by rolmops:<br />Whoever votes for him is a closet republican hiding behind a green vote.
Rolmops, I didn't know that you had such a sense of humor!