Used Aluminum Floor for Zodiac FC470?

newbie38

Cadet
I have a Zodiac FC470 that currently uses one of the "roll up" aluminum floors. I really want to install one of the rigid aluminum floors, but can't justify dropping the cash Zodiac wants for a new one. Does anyone know of a place where I can get a used aluminum floor for my boat? Any help you could give would be a lifesaver. Thanks!

WALTERGS

Cadet
Re: Used Aluminum Floor for Zodiac FC470?

I have a similar problem, I am looking for any type of floor for these boats, but I do not see any responses to your question. My next question is, does any one have any plans or can anyone give me dimensions of what the floor should be. I have 3 of these boats and none of them came with any type of floor.

I have a Zodiac FC470 that currently uses one of the "roll up" aluminum floors. I really want to install one of the rigid aluminum floors, but can't justify dropping the cash Zodiac wants for a new one. Does anyone know of a place where I can get a used aluminum floor for my boat? Any help you could give would be a lifesaver. Thanks!

pistonbroke

Cadet

Looking at some of the posts, it seems to be a common problem amongst some of us with picking up various models of Zodiacs without floors. Myself, I have a 14' Grand Raid without a floor. If anyone can help us with ideas or dimensions it would be muchly appreciated. Thanks!

Steve-0

Recruit

I've got an FC470 with hard aluminum 4pc floor. I'd be happy to measure it up if you still require the dimensions. I talked to a local guy that does repair on all types of inflatables. He talked about making a custom fibreglass floor that is 2 pieces instead of 4. If I didn't get the hard floor I'd probably go for the 2 piece as it would be more rigid and I only deflate my boat once per year to clean out the sand and junk.

Currently I'm contemplating putting Unistrut or something similar down either side of my floorboards. I want to mount some seating and downriggers to the floor and I can't find anything (reasonably priced) that slides in the existing rails. The Unistrut would also make the boat more rigid and give me a spot to tie down the fuel tank, battery and everything else inside the boat. Any thoughts on this?

Steve-0

Recruit

Pistonbroke, is your boat 13'8"? I have a 13'8" GR MKii with a hard floor sitting in my back yard. I can take photos and measurements of the floor if you like. The boat is very old (70's) so I don't know if anything has changed since then.

pistonbroke

Cadet

Steve-O,
It is the same model you are talking about. Any info:measurements, pictures, etc. re the floor would be very appreciated. My e-mail is tattooer@hotmail.com. My thanks in advance!!

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You might want to make your boards out of a polymer such as King Starboard or the Taco brand of marine lumber. This stuff lasts forever, you don't get slivers, you can get it with a variety of surfaces. You can work with it with the same tools you use for woodworking and it's fairly lightweight too.

Some brands of inflatables do use this stuff in the floors. Many boat manufacturers use it to make all kinds of things. The cost and time involvoed in making it would probably be a lot less than using fiberglass. With wood you have to seal it and all where this requires no sealant.

Here is a link here on iboats to the Taco brand of marine lumber:
http://www.iboats.com/Marine_Lumber/dm/keywords.starboard--view_id.40170

WALTERGS

Cadet

Steve-o, I would also appreciate pictures and or measurements of your floor on the f470 floor. My e-mail is Waltergs@hotmail.com. Thank you for the help.

WALTERGS

Cadet

Also the unistrut is a fantastic idea. Why didn't I think of that? BTW I understand that unistrut also comes in stainless = expensive

grambo#1

Recruit

I'm going to start making hard floors for my 470's. If anyone has a roll up floor now I would trade for a two piece hard deck. They will be made form marine plywood, have a non stick paint with a black hard coat over it. If you are interested in buying a floor from me I will sell them for a reasonable price, materials plus labor. Not at "Official Zodiac Prices"

Grambo#1

mosquitofart

Recruit

Hi Steve-O, I found your post concerning the dimensions for a Zodiac fc470 aluminum hard deck. I like many people have purchased a surplus boat with no floor so I was wondering if you would be so kind to send me the dimensions and some pictures, so that I could build the system with marine ply. Thanks for you help. There is no information out there about these decks. Hope to hear back from you soon.Thanks again. George

Last edited by a moderator:

jonasm

Recruit

Hello!

I have purchased a surplus Zodiac fc530 without a floor. It would cost a fortune to buy a new floor from Zodiac, roll-up or rigid.
My question is, if anyone has any blueprints/specs om any type of floor for the 530? Im thinking of constructing a floor of some type of marine plywood or something similar. I have searched the web without any luck conserning the dimension/size.

Anyone who can help me out?

Baravan

Recruit

Steve-O I was wondering if you could be so kind as to provide those dimensions and drawings to myself as well? Thanks in advance.

VladTepes

Recruit

I have a used rigid aluminium floor for a F470 and some other parts I will sell.

ginorino

Recruit
EDIT

Gino - Welcome aboard. Please reads the rules - Selling not allowed in the Forum and replying to old topics is also frowned upon. Thanks, iboats Moderators