upgrading console?

jonboatbassin

Seaman
im about to buy a 16ft jon boat with a simple aluminum console. well i like to build up jon boats like bass boats but this is my first with a console. I was wondering if it would be easy to replace this console with one out of another bass boat to make it look a little nicer and if so, where could I look for a console like this?<br />thanks alot in advance

crab bait

Captain
Re: upgrading console?

build your own outta 1/4 'GOOD' ply.. glue wood strips,,say,, 1x1's around the primeter as per to attach it all together.. cause 1/4 in. is to skinny .. but lite weight.. <br /><br />then make your dash ,top & an slant, outta real wood.. mohogany, teak, cypress, or white oak.. <br /><br />epoxy coat everthin' to seal it.. paint the ply.. varnish the 'wood'.. <br />attach same wood around the bottom to atach it to the floor..<br /><br />believe me.. it won't take last long,, an it'll look so SWEET..!! <br /><br />somethin' you'll be proud of your whole life...

jonboatbassin

Seaman

Valv-<br />I actually found your site a couple days ago and seen a console I liked on eBay of yours. when I start building this boat in a few weeks I plan on ordering a few things from you.

Valv

Petty Officer 1st Class

Jonboatbassin, thank you, I do actually have a lot of different console top types, I will bring them out in spring, they are all buried outside in boxes, take your time, I wish you were closer so you can come and choose.