(UPDATE)dateing friends sisters, can it be done?

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: (UPDATE)dateing friends sisters, can it be done?

Yep-Chris is giving VERY good advice-BTDT. Run away as fast as you can, and hide any pot you have that's big enough to boil your pet rabbit in...

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Well it worked on Friends.........But then again that’s not the real world. Pass on Sis if ya want to keep a friend.

salty87

Commander

lots of good advice already given. if she couldn't remain civil before emotions got involved, you're doomed.<br /><br />there's no way you'd keep the friend if it went sour with his sister. they've already played games over you.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Why would anybody want to be around a person that likes to hit other people and has a mental mentality????? U just beggin for trouble!!! Sounds like a loose cannon!!!!<br /><br />Before ya know it, she will have U a member of P.E.T.A. and carrying a sign!!!! ;) :cool:

11 footer

Lieutenant

Thanks for the replies, no new news to report. She's still away, will be back in a few weeks.<br /><br />Just for the record, she didn't like hit and attack me, just of yelled at me.<br /><br />We'll see what happens when she gets back.<br /><br />I say she's unpredictable just because of a few times overheard things. Their was one time my friend and I are in his car in front of their house, just pulling out, she comes pulling up next to us, all in a happy mood. She's asks us if we are going somewhere my friend says we are. "well I have this camera, do you think you could drop it off to be developed for me?" my friend: "well, where does it have to go, we are kind of on our way somewhere"- - - - her: "Jesus Christ!!" she throws her car in drive and peels away.<br /><br />So what would you call that, unpredictable or bipolar?<br /><br />People have told me before I always end up with the "crazy *****es" :D :rolleyes:

brother chris

Commander

Ryan,<br />It seems like some people are attracted to others who are...shall I say...trouble makers. <br />I am the same way. I have gone out with women who, I knew, were nuts..so to say. I am not sure why. Take yourself out of the situation or you will be disappointed later on. <br />I am only saying this because I can see the signs from what you have said so far. <br />Be friends with her, but draw the line there. <br />Seriously, take our suggestions. <br />Alot of us have been where you are now, and most of us are glad we are not there now. <br />Good luck bud!<br />Read the post from Sloopy a few months back. He was in the same situation, sort of.

oddjob

Commander

Tell her you got mono or something. If that dont run her off then you better run for the hills Ryan. <br /><br />If all else fails...then make sure you dont make any babies until you marry in hopes that you wont have to marry. Control your life Ryan and be patient.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Hmm...isn't "bipolar" the current politically correct way to describe a manic depressive?

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Ryan, If she is a hottie and better looking than your friend, go for it ;) <br />In a few years down the road you can say to yourself that "i'm a man of experience and have lived life some"<br />Who knows she might be a diamond in the rough :)

eeboater

Commander

I'm thinking... it will end up bad. There's plenty of women out there. Keep hands off your friends sister.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Ryan T.:<br /> her: "Jesus Christ!!" she throws her car in drive and peels away.<br /><br />So what would you call that, unpredictable or bipolar?
I would call that a first class *****! :rolleyes: <br /><br />
Originally posted by Ryan T.<br /> People have told me before I always end up with the "crazy *****es" :D :rolleyes: :
Ryan, I think you ought to heed those 'people' and re-evaluate what you like in a girl/lady/woman.

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class

The single most important decision you will make in life is the woman you choose as your partner. It will bring you 90 percent of your happiness or 90 percent of your misery. <br /><br />Beware of anyone who advises you that it could be "exciting" and "fun" and "MAYBE it will turn out to be the best thing possible in your life". <br /><br />You're asking us for an opinion because you're having doubts about this one so run - don't walk - run from this relationship.<br /><br />You might also question your fiend's motives for being jealous of your relationship with his sister. Why would not want you to be involved with her? Are his motives the basis of a healthy relationship?<br /><br />It's tempting but don't get involved with this one. You can only loose something.<br /><br />Now having said that, there is an old saying: "For everything that you loose, you gain something else".<br /><br />Hope you make the right choice!

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

<br />The single most important decision you will make in life is the woman you choose as your partner. It will bring you 90 percent of your happiness or 90 percent of your misery. <br />
Ryan - as a young fellow, you will never find a more true statement than Warhorse's first sentence here. It's the guts of what others here are saying too. Repeat it to yourself every morning when you wake up - and be very careful with your decision in this area. Many of us have learnt this lesson the hard way...it would have been so much easier to take this sage advice at a young age...

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Ryan,<br /><br />Don't listen to what other people say when they try to categorize you. You end up with what you want to end up with. If you want to end up with psycho, bi-polar, or anger management deficient types then knock your self out. Warhorse says it perfectly. We have all been in your shoe's, but short term relationships can create long term problems. <br /><br />Aggression does not equate to unpredictable. Unpredictable is a 7 course meal on a camping trip. Or cleaning your truck while you are out fishing, or baking a cake for your dog's birthday. <br /><br />Why would anyone want to enter into a relationship with someone who can't exercise control over themselves? You know what is right for you, and the lesser issue of this being your best friends sister is secondary. But with that said, I hope you have lots of friends, because this sounds like something that will be a permanent wedge, or at least an obstacle for many years when this goes south.<br /><br />You are a little young to be looking for a wife, take your time and find the right one. If you are looking for a diversion, you might want to find someone who isn't your "Best" friends sister. Be careful.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

This post reminds me why I gave up on dating younger women when I was single. All a bunch of psychos.<br /><br />Ken

gaugeguy

Captain

Go for it. He who dies with the most notches in his belt wins ;) <br /><br />If you don't, several years from now YOU WILL say to yourself, "Dammit, I really should have".

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> Go for it. He who dies with the most notches in his belt wins ;) <br /><br />If you don't, several years from now YOU WILL say to yourself, "Dammit, I really should have".
Yup! Life it meant to be lived, so get on with it , LIVE MAN! LIVE IT!<br />Never let anyone set the perimeters to your horizon.

LadyFish

Admiral

Ryan, all these guys have great advice for you and have given you several things to weigh.<br /><br />Just one bit of advice from me........ask yourself......"is the race really worth the prize?"<br /><br />It dosen't sound to me that you have any deep rooted feelings for this girl yet. Maybe a little lust is all. If you aren't serious about her why risk a friendship? As far as her being a little 'off', don't judge her just on a couple of incidents, hormones are a terrible thing.<br /><br />On the other hand, if she's that hot and you can somehow convice yourself that the race really IS worth the prize, then throw caution to the wind.<br /><br />
6teddh.gif
<br /><br />Just don't be suprised if it dosen't work out.

Ron G

Commander

can she cook and understand why your gone all the time fishing or hunting with out trowing back if she can go for it the brother will understand if he is a good friend.if she already shows sign then run away ,been with crazy ones the only thing that comes out is you being crazy

11 footer

Lieutenant

(UPDATE)<br /><br />The girl was on a trip out of the country for a month, she's been back about a week now.<br /><br />The family, including her brother rented a house on the beach (Hampton beach, NH) for the week.<br /><br />My and a friend have been up twice, and ran into her both times. The first time she was alone, and had really nothing to say, seemed like she was trying to make me feel awkward, she didn't say hardly anything to me, and that was fine, I had kinda wrote her off. Tonight I went back up, with my truck this time, and another riding with me. The girl was with her cousin, and was completely different. I don't think she was drinking or anything, but she was acting like she was. She was all over both me AND my friend. It was almost like she was doing it in a attempt to **** off her brother, I noticed it and backed WAY off, almost to the point of pretending I didn't hear her and stuff. I was like a complete 180, and I think having the cousin on "her side" made a big difference in the way she was acting, almost like she doesn't have the balls to act like that on her own. Another thing REALLY took me back, her and her cousin took a shower TOGETHER!!! I couldn't believe it! It it wasn't like they where in and out real quick, they where in the bathroom for a while! I don't know about other people, but I don't find this normal at all, and if I was her father I'd put an end to it. <br /><br />Later on after the sister and cousin went out, I decided to get going, me and my buddy are in my Bronco, in traffic making our way away from the beach. The place was packed, and all the sudden the sister walks towards my truck. I kept slowly moving and said I was tired and had to get home (about 50mins away) and I left.<br /><br />Now I have no idea what to think. Every time I see her she seems to be in a different mood, tonight she was acting like she wanted me to pork her, but who knows what tomorrow will be like? She's 18 and I'm 16 and I act a lot more mature then she does. I talked to the brother about it and he agreed. He knows where I'm coming from and I think he'd understand if I got involved with her, maybe almost be happy that someone was trying to controll her, like I would. He is nothing like her, him and I agree on most things and are really a lot a like, I don’t think it would be a prolbem with him. He trusts me.<br /><br />Right now I just don't know, I don't trust her enough to do anything with her, or tell her anything. I think I'm going to take a ride back up there tomorrow night, I'd like to talk to her in private, when she's alone and not influenced by anyone.<br />She’s the type of girl who if I didn’t know her bother and parents, she’d be fun to mess around with on the side, but I wound’t do that to the brother, so its either gonna be all or nothing, after tonight's episode I’m leaning towards nothing. On the ride back I was talking about it with my other friend (not her brother) he's one of the few people who knows the whole story and thinks I should stay away.<br /><br />Anyone sick of hearing about this yet?<br />I sure sick of thinking about it all the time! :eek: