Up Yours, McDonalds! (mini rant)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Cleaning the basement this morning, I get a hankerin for a steak, egg, and cheese bagel. Dust off the cobewbs and head to Mickey D's. Pushing the edge of 10:30. There's only 1 guy in front of me in the drive-up lane. Cool! I hear him order breakfast. Cool. I get up there and "Sorry, we're not serving breakfast anymore". :mad: <br /><br />Screw McDonalds!

Twidget

Commander
Re: Up Yours, McDonalds! (mini rant)

DOH! I hate it when that happens.

ob

Admiral

Reminds me a bit of Michael Douglas in a movie I saw .Can't remnember the name of it.Know how you feel though.It gripes me too.Why is it that some of these 24 hour places want to dictate what we eat and when we eat it.Is it not profitable to sell eggs and sausage after 10:30.Whataburger will feed breakfast until 11:00.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Hello WBW....that is the "Right" of business to do and perform as they see fit.<br /><br />Sorry you could not have your fat pill when you wished.<br /><br />Democrats will support the right of service for you.

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> Sorry you could not have your fat pill when you wished.
I thought he just wanted breakfast.Does McDonalds sell fat pills too?Can you buy those after 10:30am without a prescription?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Willy, calm down. There has to be a change over point at these stores. Everday and every store it happens to someone.<br /><br />Keep in mind McDonalds is a fast food service, not a full service resturant. <br /><br />I don't prepare, cook, or serve the food. I'm just the guy that fixes the broken equipment.<br /><br />These stores operate the same way across the nation to make consistancy the same for everyone.<br /><br />There is just not enough room for all the different equipment required to handle both breakfast and the lunch/dinner menu. The corporation sets the rules and guidlines for the stores. If you have a problem, then let corporate know.<br /><br />You apparently were aware of the time that they do change over. So maybe next time leave a little bit earlier.

ob

Admiral

Or go to Whataburger if you got one. :)Their special equipment to cook an egg and sausage sandwich consists of a metal ring.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

hey hey ob, fat pills are the grease filled sources of cholesterol that Mickey Dee's sells in the am. Or a good dough nut is a fat pill as well.<br /><br />we at work refer to doghnuts as "fat pills".

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

My Mickey D's serves breakfast till 11, don't know about the others.<br />But then, there is always the Waffle House.<br />Breakfast anytime there. :cool:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Good info there Spinner!<br /><br />Okay since we are on the subject of McD's and fat pills.<br /><br />I eat breakfast usually once or twice a day Mon thru Friday. I'll get lunch at one store and then lunch again at another store. Then of course I gotta get something to eat before going home. Then on average I'll have 3 or 4 milk shakes a week. I have done this for about the past 6 years of working for them. Yep, I'm sick of their food, but for me it is free (providing I repair something).<br /><br />Now here is the biggy, what do you think I weigh? Since ob asked, I'll give my height 5'10"

ob

Admiral

That depends on how tall I think you are.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Hey OB that movie is FALLING DOWN.<br /><br />Yeah the Mc'd here pulls the same garbage... they have lost my business too.<br /><br />Bob

sangerwaker

Commander

That scene in Falling Down was hilarious! I think everybody has thought that once or twice.<br /><br />Sucks to be the guy that is cut off, WBW. I've been there before, too. Sucks when you are really craving that.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

McNASTY..............YUK!!!<br />Now Steak-n-Shake..MMMM!Steak egg and cheese bagel,or bacon egg and cheese bagel.

dsrchamp04

Petty Officer 3rd Class

im thinkin of joe pesci in lethal weapon right about now when he says "they f@#$% you in the drive thru". every time i see that i chuckle.but as a fat guy,let me say that when your cravin rotten ronnys and they deny you, well thats just wrong for any reason!! :D :eek: :mad: :D :D

ob

Admiral

SS Mayfloat, let's see,since your volunteering to say how many times a day you eat and drink milkshakes several times a week ,I'll guess and say 178 lbs. based on your height of 5'10". :) <br /><br />Bob_VT,Yea ,that's the one.Falling Down.Good flick.<br /><br />Fixin,I agree McDonalds is not real homecookin.There are days however that(to quote Ackroyd from the movie Neighbors) I could eat a baby's butt through a park bench.On those days ,it'll do. :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> Cleaning the basement this morning, I get a hankerin for a steak, egg, and cheese bagel. Dust off the cobewbs and head to Mickey D's. Pushing the edge of 10:30. There's only 1 guy in front of me in the drive-up lane. Cool! I hear him order breakfast. Cool. I get up there and "Sorry, we're not serving breakfast anymore". :mad: <br /><br />Screw McDonalds!
Maybe Hillary will be able to do something about this. Too bad you will have to wait so long to see. :p <br /><br />All brought to you by the party of personal responsibility, esp, the million dollar scalded lap.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Hillary and McD's breakfast? I missed the relationship. Do you have some fettish we don't know about? Someday Hillary may fix a lot, but I'm afraid you're fixation is way down on her list.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> Hillary and McD's breakfast? I missed the relationship. Do you have some fettish we don't know about? Someday Hillary may fix a lot, but I'm afraid you're fixation is way down on her list.
Ah! I see the Democrats must be making great headway in regaining the South. :p <br />BoatBuoy, if I must. My statement was in keeping with previously expressed sentiments of WBW's where he has amply expressed his desire that the Government be the end all, do all when it comes to personal needs.<br /><br />Case in point, it will be Hillary, aka The Democrats, through the likes of John Edwards that will make McDonalds pay through the nose for making America fat. <br /><br />See the connection now, BoatBouy?