Under Deck Fuel Tank Orientation

Lectro88

Petty Officer 1st Class
There are so many ways That this could be done, I'm not sure how to even start.
or whats the best approach.

1st. I'm putting twin 55's under deck.
I have already done a float test and only lacking the cap weight.
For the record, I had +200 gallons of water placed in different locations to get an idea how things would sit. or could sit.
and with that being said I'm building a trough/coffin full length so things can be adjusted if need be. foward/aft.
Pretty much its sitting level and not even to original waterline paint or old water line stain.
as fuel diminishes, the thought is the bow may rise.
With that is there an advantage to having the fuel sending units facing forward or towards the rear of tank. It's going to be a lie one way or the other. either more gas than it shows or all of a sudden you're Empty, I guess an extreme way to say it or look at it.

Next. I'm looking for options on this detail. and again it could go so many ways.
Fuel filler tube location.
I am reluctant to cut 2 holes in the top of the gunnel.
The original filler tube was in top of the center console. and I guess I could add 2 more there.
I also considered.... adding them up at the anchor locker behind a door off on either side. as the tanks will be center and somewhat forward.
Being clean, out of sight, out of mind was a thought... I know it will be fun filling at a gas station crawling, climbing, tumbling in/out of the boat, but its not a daily routine, and I still heal pretty good.

Thanks for the thoughts in advance.