type of oil for lower unit

ejj44

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
34
Can someone verify the type of oil I need to use for the lower unit on my Volvo Penta 3.0? I have been told it is a 75W-90 Synthetic.
Thanks.
 

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
62,321
Re: type of oil for lower unit

What kind of drive?

I've learned by experience that many times those asking about a 3.0L Volvo may not have a 3.0L.
 

kcfromohio

Seaman
Joined
Jun 4, 2011
Messages
56
Re: type of oil for lower unit

90 weight automotive gear oil will be fine. Get it at Autozone. Not the marina!
 

ejj44

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
34
Re: type of oil for lower unit

I do though!
 

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
62,321
Re: type of oil for lower unit

Grade GL-5 Synthetic Gear Lube SAE 75W-90
 

ejj44

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
34
Re: type of oil for lower unit

That is what I was told. Thank you!
 
Top