Type of Boater.-

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Are you the type of boater that sits OB onto transom and voil? or the one who likes optimizing set-up along a prop maximization for top speeding & water performance ? What does this pic say to you if says something ?

Speeding.JPG

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Technically, rigging speaking as a recreational set-up, does it says something...

Happy Boating

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
You do what you have to do.....lol

Leaving the dock in the morning is optional. Returning that evening is not.

I'll take reliably and adaptability over speed and performance any day of the week and twice on tuesdays

Picture= Looks like jet drive setup to run in shallow water

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
That set-up has so huge rear water wake that can't see at simple sight what's powering it. It's a 2 stroke Yam 60 HP. Besides OB sitting way low on transom, what 2 other issues can you find ?

Happy Boating

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Gee, I think it depends on the type of boat. With standard run-about type boats with std power, it is hard to get very much performance increase. Maybe lift the motor a bit and put on a good prop, for best overall performance. Heck some of these hulls run dead flat in the water, and won't trim.

With a trimable hull, a larger motor and power trim, plus a good prop you can raise the performance, maybe by as much as 25%.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Big issue to me is that I am not there to enjoy the warm weather and good fishing.--------------Looks like they are having fun with big smiles on faces.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
As love open boats spot-on set-ups.

-This one has too much weight sitting aft.

-OB sits way deep, water flow at speed is not being cut throughout the lower edge located right under upper water deflector plate, whick cancels back water splashes instantly.

-Dominican Republic boaters likes boating with extended tiller extensions or aft side consoles to starboard side.

-None that have seen or have rode with use kill cords attached to them, all speed while standing up which is extremely dangerous for passengers. Driver can be blown out of deck when passing through other's boat high water wake and boat keep riding out of total control.

-Although the rear wake looks super cool as if powered by a jet drive, this boater has not realized or taken into consideration whatsoever that his fuel comsumption is way high compared to same set-up with OB sits at the sweet trasom height, with evenly distributed deck weight and well trimmed.

Happy Boating