Two black wires after engine swap

TurnerBFC

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have two black wires (male and female) from my factory wire harness. Swapped the motor to the same 4.3 since my old block was cracked. I’m not sure where these are from or where they go. I do however remember unplugging them from my older engine but this one doesn’t appear to have any place for them. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 9BE7CC86-2B3D-4A02-8AAD-7597C26472F2.jpeg
    9BE7CC86-2B3D-4A02-8AAD-7597C26472F2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
looks like 2 conductor lamp cord wire most likely the trim sender wires for the gauge
or the trim pump if it has 2 bullet connectors

TurnerBFC

Petty Officer 3rd Class
looks like 2 conductor lamp cord wire most likely the trim sender wires for the gauge
or the trim pump if it has 2 bullet connectors
Thank you! Since these aren’t on the new engine… what do you recommend I do with them?
sorry, this engine swap stuff is a bit new to me

Bondo

Staff member
Thank you! Since these aren’t on the new engine… what do you recommend I do with them?
sorry, this engine swap stuff is a bit new to me
Ayuh,..... Try the trim pump, 'n see whether they're for the limit switch, ot the trim gauge,.....
Those wires might be tucked up on the transom somewhere, as I don't believe they're in the motor's harness,....

TurnerBFC

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ayuh,..... Try the trim pump, 'n see whether they're for the limit switch, ot the trim gauge,.....
Those wires might be tucked up on the transom somewhere, as I don't believe they're in the motor's harness,....
The trim still works so it must be for the gauge - I'm not too concerned about that!

Thanks guys!