Trying to Find Windshield Mount Bracket

Colorado4Wheeler

Seaman Apprentice
I've been looking all over for these and can't locate them. They are off a 62 Orland Clipper and all but one are broken. Before I find an aluminum shop that can take the one good one to make a mold and cast me some new ones, I figured I would ask if anyone had seen this before or knew what, other than a Home Depot angle bracket, would be a suitable replacement. I could 3D print some but that seems so wrong on a vintage boat.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpeg
    IMG_0266.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0267.jpeg
    IMG_0267.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

GSPLures

Chief Petty Officer
Welcome,

Chances are unless you find some on ebay you wont find them. You can try calling taylor made, but it is a 60 year old bracket so chances are very little.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you wont find a fabrication company to cast you new ones. however you will be able to find someone to fabricate you new ones. they will probably run you about $100-150 a piece. because to laser cut the 5083 material, round over the edge, counter sink the holes, form them to the 75 degree shape, then add a gusset in the middle and tig weld them, you are looking at 1.5-2 hours of labor a piece.

I would make them out of stainless myself. then only laser cutting, counter sinking, rounding over by hand and forming. about $75 worth of labor each.

no way I would put home depot cheep parts on a boat.

Colorado4Wheeler

Seaman Apprentice
I would make them out of stainless myself. then only laser cutting, counter sinking, rounding over by hand and forming. about $75 worth of labor each.

no way I would put home depot cheep parts on a boat.
So have a steel fabricator do it for me out of stainless or do you mean that you would, literally, make them yourself from stainless? If the latter then I'm not quite sure if that is in my wheelhouse or not. $300 for fabricating brackets is a lot, but it's a windshield so I think it's probably money well spent to do it right. Besides, having the windshield custom made is already going to run about $1,000, what's a few more? 😉

And I would never put cheap Home Depot junk on a boat if it can be at all avoided. And in this case, I can run without a windshield and would rather do that than have crappy angle brackets on there.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
find your local stainless or aluminum fabricator. a smaller shop will have less overhead, however probably wont have a laser