FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi - My 1982 OMC 2.5L I/O has a worn out steering cable. It uses the True Course Steering system. Where can I find replacement parts for this? Do I need the complete unit or can I just replace the cables. Any help would be great! Thanks!
How do you know that they are worn out. What are the symtoms or the evidence? I have true course on my 29 y/o 20 footer. I just lubed them for the first time and they turn like glass.
I was doing maint. on the engine and the I saw that the cable is bare and exposed sticking out through the housing. The steering is very tough turing to one side. The housing is cracked where the cable bends. I lubed the cables trying to prolong the life but no luck...