FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a tech that's not working...I have power to the tech, but from what i u understand, I'm only supposed to have 2v from the sender wire...I have 12v...which is too high I believe...is the sender suppose to high voltage that high...
LoL, I have a 2001 Mercury 90hp....I call myself buying a tech from ebay...the only thing works on the tech is the light...so I guess I'm getting a good ground...I have power to the tech, I have 12v's...in a video i was watching, the sender which I'm assuming is my gray wire should have 2v's but its showing 12vs on my meter...so right now I don't know what is going on...any ideas would be helpful...
Does your tach - tach - tach :smile: have a rotary switch on the back for setting the number of poles? Flip it through all settings a couple of times. Sometimes the inside contacts get dirty/corroded and flipping it wipes the contacts.
Is the battery charging? Not sure on your Merc, but the tach signal comes from the rectifier/regulator on some. A bad rec/reg can disable the tach.