Trophy Boat Owners - Need Your Help Quickly

ftlee20723

Recruit
I picked up a new (08) Trophy 2206 Dual-Console today. I took it on a 2-Hour ride and when I arrived back at my marina and pulled the drain plug out there was A LOT of water in the bildge.

The owner's manual supplement states that:

Depending on the type of boat you have, you may have underwater fittings that need drain plugs. Garboard drain plugs and fishbox drain plugs need to be in place before the boat goes into the water. Any fitting that will be underwater needs to be plugged or the seacock needs to be closed.

Are there supposed to be drain plugs in:

1. Port Cockpit Drain?
2. Aft Livewell Drain?
3. Garboard Drain (Yes)
4. Starboard Cockpit Drain?
5. Utility Center Sink Drain?
6. Starboard Forward Fishbox Drain?
7. Port Forward Fishbox Drain?

Where do the drain plugs go? On the outside of the boat or, in the fishbox itself? I'm pretty sure I saw a bag of plugs on the boat but, I don't know where they go.

And last, where is the seacock for the livewell?

Thanks,

Frank

kawiski

Cadet
Re: Trophy Boat Owners - Need Your Help Quickly

What does your selling dealer say if you bought it from a dealer?

Ghost Chaser

Cadet

Nice boat but newer than what most of have. Sounds unusual to have so many plugs but than again it is a dual console. If you saw a bag of plugs, they should have a purpose. How much water would you say was in the bilge? Is the boat a pro or are some of those areas that provide plugs optional? Did you put the plug in prior to launch or was it already on, if so rain may have made it into the bilge.

check the seal on the rear hatch access.They have been known to leak.
did you take water over the bow during your run? do you have pumps at the fish boxes or just holes?

I would have the dealer re-do your delivery walkthrough and go over the boat in detail.

Don't be alarmed, ther should be a reason for the water entry. Good luck and let me know what happens.

EdF
2003 2002 135 optimax

lyle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

welcome to the world of trophy

Huron Angler

Admiral

Those plugs should be in place in all fish wells, coolers, dry storage or any other storage that has a hole in the bottom(on the inside...not the outside of the hull). My dad's 2001 Seaswirl Striper is pretty similar to the Trophy and he had the same predicament.:)

If you don't keep those plugs in...then water will enter those cargo holds when the boat rocks back and forth since the design allows that for drainage, and sit in there until it is mopped up or evaporates.

These drains allow ice to melt and the water flows into the lake/ocean by gravity as these hulls are partially self-bailing usually. If used properly they are great and make clean-up a breeze with the raw water washdown.

I usually prop the hatches open to air dry after cleaning so mildew/mold doesn't build up in there and stink up the boat. If you want to use one as dry storage just don't ever take the plug out and it will stay dry 100% of the time.