Trophy 1903CC 2004 Steering and Bait Tank Problem

michael kennedy

Recruit
I have a 2004 1903CC and bait tank work intermittently and the steering is a hard and stiff as buggery. Have 125 HP Mercury on the back any suggestions?

fpdiver

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Trophy 1903CC 2004 Steering and Bait Tank Problem

I have a 2003 version of the same boat. Never had any issue with the steering but we do constantly trip the breaker on the wash down/ bait tank. Any back pressure and the pump trips. My guess is that there is either a weak connection somewhere or the breaker is undersized and I'm guessing the latter

joker650

Cadet

I have a 2004 2305 Trophy and the wash down pump would blow the braker.
I took the motor appart and found the $10 bearing on top of the motor shaft that "wobbles" the pistons was rusted and seized. The seized bearing is what was causing the braker to trip.

Easy and cheap repair, just have to take the motor appart. The bearing is verry comon.

JamNJ1955

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a 2001 Walk Around where the steering has been a chronic problem, Every year I have to dissconnect the steering cables, wipe them clean, and coat them with white lithium grease.

Are you in salt water?

There is a good video on you tube on how to accomplish, I will post when I find it.

John

michael kennedy

Recruit

Thanks for all your replies, I have since had the entire cable steering replaced cost $346AUD. The bait tanks and deck wash down seems to be a bad electrical connection.

Hammert

Recruit

I just bought a 2002 Trophy 1903 and the bait/well and wash down pump, same for both also does not work. I noticed the breaker is blown as well. I switched the wires to one of the extra switches and now have power going down to the pump, but still does not work. I guess I'll have to do what you did, remove the pump and try to rebuild it..

Hammert

Recruit

I replaced the two berings on the electric motor and problem solved. My breaker switch does not hold a reset, but was able to switch the Bait/Well breaker to the Accessory breaker and problem fixed. Next issue is that darn Faria 3 in 1 Tach problem.. I searched high and dry for a new Faria 3 in 1 tach for a 2002 Trophy,but no luck. I'll have to remove the tach and send it out to Faria for repair. It's a commomn problem from what I've been reading lately..

Monterey10

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've seen those gauges on Ebay from time to time. Probably sold by GreatLakeskipper. Otherwise, Faria can rebuild it.

Bailey399

Recruit

I am in need of help please? I have just bought a 1998 Trophy 1903 and unsure on how the Baitwell and Livewell systems work? Can someone please explain how they work and more importantly what positions the switches should be at on the dash? Do they pump water in or out or both? Sorry for the novice question but very unsure and need assistance. Thank you in advance.

Glenn