Trolling motor batery compartment

Whitneywayne

Recruit
Hi everyone i bought a 2000 Alumacraft Tournament pro 170 CS last fall. All batteries were needing to be replaced. No problems with the starting battery. I have a 24 volt system on the boat didnt have any decals on the old batteries so i wasnt sure what group was installed, but wasn't to concerned . Went to Walmart an bought 2 everlast maintance free batteries group 29. Took them home and tried to install them. The compartment wasnt wide enough to go straight in length wise.Tried to angle in the battery still wouldn't go in. I measuered the battery trays and they measured 12 1/4 long the battery measures 13 in. Has anyone ran into this before. I think a group 27 may fit but thought they were used for starting only. Any help would be appreciated. Oh by the way I'm new to the forum.
Thanks

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Hi everyone i bought a 2000 Alumacraft Tournament pro 170 CS last fall. All batteries were needing to be replaced. No problems with the starting battery. I have a 24 volt system on the boat didnt have any decals on the old batteries so i wasnt sure what group was installed, but wasn't to concerned . Went to Walmart an bought 2 everlast maintance free batteries group 29. Took them home and tried to install them. The compartment wasnt wide enough to go straight in length wise.Tried to angle in the battery still wouldn't go in. I measuered the battery trays and they measured 12 1/4 long the battery measures 13 in. Has anyone ran into this before. I think a group 27 may fit but thought they were used for starting only. Any help would be appreciated. Oh by the way I'm new to the forum.
Thanks
The dimensions you noted are for grp. 27 batteries.

I have two (2) group 27 deep cycles on my boat.

One (1) grp. 27 Everlast Maxx and one (1) grp. 27 Interstate