Triumph Boats ???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadkins4

Recruit
Does anyone have any insight on Triumph. I am intruiged by the idea of a single mold (no seams), durable, and the cost. Since it is new technology I am wondering if I should wait to see how things pan out. My concerns include 1.) Is the boat too light vs. traditional fiberglass. 2.) Is it too bouyant and does not sit stable in the water? Any info/advice would be appreciated. Just for everyones info I am debating between a 2003 brand new 17' CC Triumph w/2003 4 stroke Suzuki 70hp versus a 2001 (low hours) 17' Makp CC w/ 90 hp Merc Saltwater Series. Both are comparable in price. Thanks.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Triumph Boats ???????????

Great concept for a boat for primitive conditions. Here is another thread with several owners - Info on triumph boats <br /><br />Kelly Cook

quantumleap

Master Chief Petty Officer

The weight isn't a whole lot different than glass. Bass & Walleye boats did a test on a multispecies Triumph a couple of months ago. Try to check it out if you can. The hull is said to be much more durable than aluminum or glass, but the finish isn't quite as shiny. In the test, the hull is repoted to survive repeated blows from a five pound sledge hammer. Quite impressive! I would say the Triumph's are more utilitarian and less flash. I would personally sacrifice a little glamour for more durability. <br /><br /> I am also interested in the use of new materials in boat building. In my opinion, I think this is the wave of the future for smaller boats. It is definately worth checking out.

hiflyer

Seaman Apprentice

I have 2 of these products and would not recomend them to any one. How I got 2 is another story. Ropelene does not hold screws well. A special glue must be used on everthing, or they will lossen up. The wireing has had many frustrated comments. The inner hull leaks are a major concern. The Floation foam stringers fill with water drains are povided on new models enough? time will tell. Improper support causes the boat to deform and bend some Crack/Split. Not just in the water but on the trailer to. Support is all important. Black spots form in the poures of the ropelene like blackheads pressure washer 2200psi plus may remove them. Static electrict build up can get nasty. All in all the worst boats I have ever had. boating for over 50 yrs 13ft racer to 30 ft cruiser.

Jan Z

Seaman Apprentice

Kerist! The first post in this thread was posted in 2004, what a waste of time. sober up will ya.

hiflyer

Seaman Apprentice

So how much is Triumph paying you to prow the internet and stop people like me an ncdave. We feel we were ripped with poor quality and want to warn others. The Moderator of Triumph owners.net sells Triumph stuff so he has a money reason. To censor HIS site. How much are you in for???

Jan Z

Seaman Apprentice

Not a dime bub, I just don't like whiners and you qualify.

Like I said **** off, I'm done with you.

hiflyer

Seaman Apprentice

Whiners. like me get LEMON laws passed. Quality control.and value for the dollar. Accept it get over it types like you. Would have us all driving 52 chevys and changing oil every 1000 miles again. 10 trips to the repair shop a year for defective parts fix it yourself or walk. Your expressions enlightin all on your mental outlook.

hiflyer

Seaman Apprentice

a new site to discuss triumph & logic has been set up add all you have pics ect say the truth as long as you can prove it. Good Bad IIndifferent. It will not be censored within reason no cusing ect site addres
groups.msn.com/boatersimfo/triumphboats.msnw

sheffield2010

Recruit

Rockman: Triumph has no more problem with loose screws than you do. You got ripped by a dealer and you're becoming a real dickhead about it. Take it out on your dealer! ncdave or bigpig also has a grudge against triumph. He was an owner and a staunch owner and suporter of triumph boats and even created a website for the owners until a fried or two was let go from triumph and he started his crusade.

hiflyer said:
a new site to discuss triumph & logic has been set up add all you have pics ect say the truth as long as you can prove it. Good Bad IIndifferent. It will not be censored within reason no cusing ect site addres
groups.msn.com/boatersimfo/triumphboats.msnw

mondo80

Recruit

To add to this info. I have owned the triumph 170CC for a few seasons now. To be honest it has been a great experience. I have had none of the problems that the other guys have mentioned. I have had no leaking, cracks, or screw problems. I have owed at least 3 past boats and have been aboard many others. for this size triumph that I now own it has been the dryest, quietest, and smoothest ride that I have ever been on. This was true even when I was far out of the bay in openen water when wind was blowing at 20. Yes I was scared but the boat did great. In all honesty the only negative experience that I ever have had was cleaning it. It does take more elbow work that my past fiberglass boats did not and is less shinny. However, it offers an almost maintainence free experience. I love its durability and safety, this unmatched by any fiberglass boat. I would strongly recommend triumph over the rest. Yes, it is a little more elbow work to clean and lacks some shine BUT, you can fish this boat in areas that you would never bring a fiberglass boat for fear that fiberglass would scratch or worse. I have driven mine ashore plenty of time for swimming, etc. this was none on sandy shores, gravel, and rocky. All this with no damages what so ever. I would like to see this done with a fiberglass boat.LOL. I would have never done this with mine in the past. I even hit a huge bolder in Maine this year hiding under the water. I hit it hard, going about 10 and the sound of the smash was scary as heck, but absolutely no damage. What if this was fiberglass? My boat has also planed very nicely even with 4 people aboard, never had issues.

everybody is entitled to thier oppinion. And, my offer of info I hope will be fair and balanced. I will engage in no arguements with any member who wants to despute my post, especially when name calling is involved. My experiences with my boat are true and I believe that these are the best boats as far as durability and practicality that have ever been made. This is my first triumph and will not be my last. The truth is, I never plan to buy a fiberglass boat again. They are just to much of a headache and too much to worry about, a.k.a-- the fiberglass gelcoat, boat flex, cracking, chips, sun damage, scratches, hard ride, etc.

I hope that this post helps in offering a fair and balanced view.

Kawena

Recruit
I'm looking at a 2003 210CC. I like the boat but wondering about 2 wells in the engine well. The covers were removed and they are full of water with no drain. What area these for and how to keep them from gathering water? Looks like just 2 rectangular buckets filled with water - probably rain. Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.