Trinton 5.5hp??

alexkbee

Cadet
Hi all i was given this motor dont have to much info on it but i have the serial # 202004 this is a 5.5hp has a red plastic cover i'm trying to find a part in the lower end. the motor fires up but the propeller isn't spinning at all does anybody have any info on this motor would like to see it running i think one of the gears are worn out.. :confused:

any ideas anybody??

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trinton 5.5hp??

Most motors are identified by a model number.
Are you sure if the spelling?A picture would help.You will need to use a hosting site.

alexkbee

Cadet

the only thing i can find is a serial # on it no model # i think i found out whats going on theres this long rod with teeth on both ends an at the bottom it's not fully touching the gears to make the prop spin i droped the rod down a lil an now when i turn it over the prop is spinning

F_R

Supreme Mariner

So, you still have our curiosity aroused. What in blazes is a "Triton"? I, for one, would like to see a picture. It can be uploaded directly from your computer. (If you have a digital camera, of course).

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Yes, I agree with F_R. A lot of private brand outboards were made by a couple major brand factories. Usually by Gale, Scott, or Elgin and even Mercury. Some pics would be a great help to us (and you) to identify this gem you have.;)

mcsnet

Recruit

It's a "TRITON' ! I have one of these 5.5's as well. Tecumseh powerhead. Great little motor. 30 lb. Or was till some lowlife tried to steal it out of the back of my truck. Fortunately I had cable locked it in. Still they badly damaged the hood and got away with the prop. So I need one of those if anyone has. Also managed do do a really nice repair using JB Weld. I would sure like as much info as possible about the manufacturer, year etc. Anything anyone can tell me, really. No model # that I can find. Tag only has the serial # 201973 Triton Motors LTD. Made In Canada I have a couple pics. Will try to figger out how to post them here.