Trim & Tilt retrofit??

oldssco

Recruit
Hello everyone. I have a Yamaha 40hp (1996) electric start WITHOUT power trim & tilt. Can anyone tell me if it is at all possible to retrofit a trim & tilt unit to my motor from one that is equipped with it (by buying a used power trim & tilt unit)? I am aware of aftermarket trim & tilt brackets, but thought I'd seek advice on original equipment first. Thanks in advance for all advice.

mbb

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Trim & Tilt retrofit??

friend has same motor on 16' aluminum bass boat. He installed aftermarked t/t and has been very happy with it.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

The CMC unit works great!<br />Good luck!

oldssco

Recruit

Thanks for the replies. <br /><br />Dhadley, which CMC unit are you using, the PT-35 or PT-130? I know there's only a price difference of $40 to $50, but I'm not sure whether the PT-130 would be overkill OR whether the PT-35 would be too skimpy. Opinions?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Good question. From a liability standpoint I would call them and let them make the call. I think I would go with the PT-130 just in case I wanted to go with a larger motor later. If you call, talk to Rick Pressley. He's a great guy and won't steer you wrong.<br />Good luck!